Questions and Stories about Homeowners

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that homeowners have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a homeowner story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Homeowner Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Money

Hello All,

Stage of Life is proud to announce its latest endeavor - the development of the first mobile storytelling game! For the last three months, we have been putting our creative efforts into drafting Writing Race, a multiplayer story writing game for Apple iPhone where friends will collaboratively (or competitively) write a story together using their mobile phone.

Our idea to expand Stage of Life’s literacy initiative to the mobile realm began as some scribbling on

We refinanced our home mortgage last month--again. Financing or refinancing mortgages is becoming old hat for us, though it’s always a “You’re kidding!” moment to see the number of pages and lines to be signed or initialed.

I bought my first house 40 years ago. I’m pretty sure it was all done with one page. If there was an application, it was probably a matchbook cover. For last month’s refinancing, the application alone had 45 pages. 45! We only had to sign or initial about half. F

Awareness Month Nomination: The Homeless

All around the world, there are thousands of people scraping together a life on the side of the road – living on alms and sleeping on cardboard. Homelessness is an international issue, an issue which is of the highest importance because it’s something that dramatically reduces the opportunities and quality of life available to those who fall victim to it. Homelessness is the bane of human society, leaving all those without a roof over th

The exact pathway of the infamous process of Growing Up is different for every individual, whether that be entering school, having a child, or leaving a job that is fun for one that is a bit less enjoyable but more practicable. In that wide range of experiences is a massive one: buying a house, as well as all the joys, hassles, and worries that come with it. Living on one's own itself forces adult behav

I have been thinking about where I'm going to live when all the children are off on their own. What are my choices? Stay where I am, rent ,or downsize to smaller home. We are presently in a 5 bedroom house that my wife and I have raised 6 children in. We have always been comfortable here. The kids have plenty of room and I have a den where I hide from all of them.

Presently 2 have already left to lead their own lives. Another is renting an apartment at college. Two are living at home

Stage of Life just added some great homeowner coupon offers:

1) AireServ: $10 off air conditioning or heating service
2) Glass Doctor: $25 off $100
3) Mr. Appliance: $10 off $100 any appliance repair
4) Mr. Electric: $25 off any electrical service
5) Mr. Rooter: $25 off any plumbing service
6) Rainbow International: $10 off whole house carpet cleaning schedule

You'll find the coupons on the site here:
http://www.stageoflife.com/MyLi

Whether you're a fan of the Donald Trump's TV Show, The Apprentice, or not, you've got to check out this press release:

NEW THE APPRENTICE CONTESTANT TAKES ON THE BOARDROOM AND SUICIDE PREVENTION

WOODBURY, MN -- Inspired by his role this season as a contestant on The Apprentice, real estate hard-hitter Wade Hanson has created his own unique business challenge designed to raise funds and awareness for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) by selling 60 homes

Now is the time of year when many of us finally get around to tackling our biggest cleaning and organizing projects around the house. That might include cleaning out cramped closets, boxing up clothes, and even getting to that cluttered garage. Do your part to create a second life for your extra and outgrown stuff and keep it out of the landfill.

Clothing
There’s just something satisfying about a clean closet. As you organize, you might have a lot of old or outgrown clothes you

I'd like to share a great article from the Rismeida site (see link below for more info) about putting your home on an energy diet.

We’ve all been there on making well-intentioned New Year’s resolutions, among them promising faithfully to go on a diet, exercise and eat healthier. And sometimes, we may even keep those resolutions for a little while before falling off the wagon.

As part of the yearly New Year’s resolution-making ritual, the Alliance to Save Energy encourages

Comcast drives me crazy but I don't really understand the difference between Dish and Direct satellite. What is the difference for service and cost?

<<Prev  2 of 3    Next>>