Questions and Stories about Homeowners

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that homeowners have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a homeowner story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Homeowner Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Money

Gandhi said, “If we could change ourselves, the world would also change.” I see this fitting into my life as a 30-year-old homeowner, and educator, boldly believing in a better than 2015, 2016.

2016 has to be better. Life isn’t meant to be consisted of mortgage payments and mourning.

2015 was extremely difficult. I left my apartment and teaching position abroad in Abu Dhabi, because I missed my house in the United States. I didn’t want to sell it when I was offered t

Lucky lottery winner ™

…and the super powerball and mega millions jackpot winner is…Matthew Harris from Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania!

No way! This must be some off-season April fool and/or Halloween trick or treat!

Yea right! In my dreams!

A voice inside urges “take anther look dear Matthew Scott Harris”!

Yet upon frenziedly staring (for what seems like an eternity) at the matching numbers (per tickets for both record breaking sweepstakes) no

HGTV renovation shows tend to have several things in common: a competent contractor who is at once an architect, a construction expert, and an interior designer; a home which seems hopeless to begin with but is magically transformed into a beautiful dwelling by the end; a few hiccups along the way that the contractor is able to deal with by trimming the budget elsewhere, still bringing in the final product under budget and on time.

Yes, they try to make it more realistic by includin

My husband (which, to be honest, is still a little weird to say) and I have recently begun looking for a new place to live. We currently stay in a one bedroom, one bath apartment, and were hoping to upgrade a two bedroom apartment in the winter when the prices on apartments go down. But here's the problem: prices weren't going down. In fact, they were going up. Way up.

After anxiously waiting for a price drop that wasn't coming for two months, we took a step back. What about buying?

A year ago, my family moved from the city to a more provincial town a few miles north. Our new street was full of pricey homes with extravagant landscaping. The neighborhood lived up to the name Oak Tree, and was full of mature trees.

Coming from a less "gardened" section of Oklahoma City, my husband and I were uncertain how to pep up our new yard. Following suggestions, we called a landscaper.
The man presented a complicated set of drawings. His eyes shone bright and I could'v

So you plan to relocate to a new place - you're either moving out of the neighborhood because the family needs a bigger home, or you're moving to a different city for professional reasons. There could be a million reasons why the house that you own and currently live in, could be put on the market for resale. One of the things that you're likely to be looking at is Chicago moving companies to help you with your packing and relocation. Ho

Today’s financial climate being what it is, many home owners are forced into distress selling or constrained to accept a price that is not commensurate with the real value of their property. In many ways, today is a buyer’s market. But it doesn’t have to be so. Here are some tips that will help you get the best possible price for your property:

Understand what your property is really worth

You may have a number in mind – but is that number realistic? What you have i

Many of us enjoy a little gambling now and then. It may be because the easy extra money we can make from it or because of the rush we get from taking that risk. Whatever the reason, as long as it does not become a serious addiction, we all enjoy it. And with the entry of the internet in every sphere of our lives, the gambling zone has not gone untouched. There are a number of sites which provide the online gambling on various games and events, e.g. horse racing, college football, bingo etc. The

Homeowners’ Associations (HOA) are organized by real estate developers who build community subdivisions of single-family homes, condominiums or townhomes. Typically, membership in an HOA is a condition of purchase although some HOAs offer voluntary membership. In a voluntary association the owner can choose not to join and pay dues. HOAs all have a Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&R) which applies to all homeowners whether they are members of the HOA or not. HOAs c

I am a mere college student given the chance to live off campus. With a monthly rent check, I’m able to live in a house with two other girls. Although we rent this house, we rarely see our landlord. We signed a lease and gave him our word that this house would stay standing when our two years were up. So far, it’s stayed intact. But after a year and a half, we’ve had our share fair of memories built-up in this house – some good, some bad. After all this time, I can honestly saying being a homeo