Questions and Stories about Homeowners

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that homeowners have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a homeowner story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Homeowner Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Make a Difference

Gandhi said, “If we could change ourselves, the world would also change.” I see this fitting into my life as a 30-year-old homeowner, and educator, boldly believing in a better than 2015, 2016.

2016 has to be better. Life isn’t meant to be consisted of mortgage payments and mourning.

2015 was extremely difficult. I left my apartment and teaching position abroad in Abu Dhabi, because I missed my house in the United States. I didn’t want to sell it when I was offered t

Selling a home for the price you’re asking for can be extremely difficult. If your home is in a highly competitive or saturated market, it can seem all but impossible. Unless you’ve taken great care over the years to keep your home up-to-date, chances are your home will need a few upgrades before it’s ready to go on the market. Here are five remodeling projects that are sure to make your home sell faster.
Start with needed repairs
Though it’s not as glamorous as some of the other home

The bathroom is one of the most common areas to be remodeled. The bathrooms in older homes especially are often in need of a complete overhaul. If you’ve been putting off that bathroom remodeling project you’ve desperately needed for a while now, don’t put it off any longer. Though any remodeling project is a big project, there are some tips to make the process easier. Here are four tips to keep in mind for your next bathroom remodel.
1. Plan Ahead

It is impossible to plan too

It can be frustrating to decorate an apartment with tight restrictions that do not allow you to change paint color, leave nail holes or hide ugly carpet and flooring. It is hard for empty white walls the make an apartment feel like home. If an apartment is outdated with old carpet, faded tile and peeling paint it can be even more difficult to make it feel warm and cozy. Luckily we live in a world of people who refuse to give up when it comes to creating their perfect place of residence. Here ar

When you think about your dream kitchen, it doesn’t include the word “small.” Yet that's the reality, many of us are dejected with a small kitchen with skimpy counter space and precious little space for appliances Cooking in a small kitchen causes restrictions to many home chefs! But don’t let your small kitchen to limit your culinary dreams. Being tight on space should not limit your cooking work. If you cannot knock out a kitchen wall into your living room, then do the things that give the il

Lone Wolf
Most of the time, happiness comes from a variety of things that deal with peoples company, companionships, and love. However, these things don’t come naturally or mysteriously out of the blue, instead they randomly decide the happiness most people desire. Loneliness has an effect on people, maybe because of other peoples’ actions and feelings on certain things. These things can either be very moral or very dissolute. The world is full with so much blank walls and open doors, wh

I told my kids I wanted a bag of nuts for Christmas this year. Not just any nuts—Almonds. Cocoa dust covered almonds. My children looked at me like I was a nut. I told them when I was a little girl my father would receive a small container of peanuts from his mother-in-law each Christmas. I remembered thinking, “Poor Dad. The only thing Grandma gets him for Christmas is a can of nuts.” Now that I am older I understand how great a gift this actually was. Nuts are versatile little leg

Home owners are quick to come up with big and bold ideas when they are considering remodeling their homes, but before the most unique of ideas are put into motion, home owners need to be aware of how those changes will effect a possible future sale. Even if home owners do not plan on moving, one reason they choose to remodel is to raise the value of their homes. Home owners need to understand that sometimes the most extravagant of ideas only diminish home value. Forbes gives a lengthy list o

Ritu was born to a middle class family from India. In her arrival into this world, her mother cried, her dad refused to see her and her relatives stayed away as if she had an incurable disease. Her grandmother abused her mother for giving birth to another girl. Her elder sister looked helplessly at the mother and the new arrival with sadness in her eyes and wondered what was wrong.

After much adieu, she was brought home from the hospital but the drama did not end there. Few months la

March Madness: David and Goliath

A rapid knock on the door.
An unexpected phone call.
A siren heard in the distance.
A tragedy on the news.

These things have all caused a sense of panic in various ways over the years. Madness and mental illness are such horrific twins; companions conjoined in the dark. Yet, I wonder will it always be so?

Mental illness is no laughing matter to those who have witness