Questions and Stories about Homeowners

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that homeowners have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a homeowner story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Homeowner Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Go Green

Moving house can often be a lot of work and many people just don’t know where to start. Procrastinating is one of the worst things you can do because often this can cause you to blow the budget when moving. The longer you leave it to plan things you need to your move, the higher your expenses will become because you’ve not had the time to look for the best prices.

Consider carefully the best time to move.
Believe it or not moving in the winter months is actually cheaper than any

Buying an apartment is one of the most lucrative investments that you can ever make. This is because unlike other products or services, it value appreciates as years pass. Automatically, you will sell it at a higher value. However, when acquiring the property, you ought to consider certain important factors. Therefore, you must know the tips for selecting the best houses for sale.

Since many people are looking for apartme

Home owners are quick to come up with big and bold ideas when they are considering remodeling their homes, but before the most unique of ideas are put into motion, home owners need to be aware of how those changes will effect a possible future sale. Even if home owners do not plan on moving, one reason they choose to remodel is to raise the value of their homes. Home owners need to understand that sometimes the most extravagant of ideas only diminish home value. Forbes gives a lengthy list o

There is no doubt that affordable residential housing and commercial buildings are essential for many reasons and indeed required as a more cost effective solution. Modular prefabricated buildings offer a viable solution to this problem and come with a whole host of impressive benefits that include ease of transportation, construction, affordability and eco friendliness.

Prefabricated buildings are as the term implies buildings that are manufactured in sections or modules to a

"To offset the rising cost of water supply, our city's water and pollution management commission, with advice from the price evaluation division, will be cutting off residential water supply from the hours of 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. next Monday. Please store ample water beforehand in case of an emergency. If immediate assistance is required, please dial 1-1-0."
Within a year, there occurred more than twenty incidences of water, gas, or electricity cut-off in the neighborhood. During these times,

Toilets are number one on the list but they are very easy to repair the flapper goes out often this makes you hold the handle down to flush it takes less then five minutes to change and it cost around five dollars fill valve are next they don't cost much and are easy to change
Use a korky fillvalve turn the water supply off to toilet flush toilet remove water from tank with a sponge remove nut from supply line and fill value pull old valve out put new one in put big nut fill valve put su

Now is the time of year when many of us finally get around to tackling our biggest cleaning and organizing projects around the house. That might include cleaning out cramped closets, boxing up clothes, and even getting to that cluttered garage. Do your part to create a second life for your extra and outgrown stuff and keep it out of the landfill.

Clothing
There’s just something satisfying about a clean closet. As you organize, you might have a lot of old or outgrown clothes you

I'd like to share a great article from the Rismeida site (see link below for more info) about putting your home on an energy diet.

We’ve all been there on making well-intentioned New Year’s resolutions, among them promising faithfully to go on a diet, exercise and eat healthier. And sometimes, we may even keep those resolutions for a little while before falling off the wagon.

As part of the yearly New Year’s resolution-making ritual, the Alliance to Save Energy encourages

I was on Gaiam.com this weekend and came across five quick, money-saving, green tips which will save you cash and shrink your carbon footprint.

1. Plug your TV, computer, cable box, stereo and game console into smart power strips. Saves 10% off your power bill.

2. Dry a load of laundry outside. No clothesline? Try a portable drying rack. Skipping the dryer can save an annual $135.

3. Put up a "shade sail" or radiant barrier over a window to block the sun’s hea