Questions and Stories about Homeowners

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that homeowners have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a homeowner story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Homeowner Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Ethical Dilemmas

The Secret of Happiness: Be Yourself
Stage of Life April/May

Throughout my short time on this Earth, many people have had different definitions to happiness. Many people have had different definitions to happiness. Some definitions are having a luxurious house, being wealthy, and having a beautiful family are just few of the many examples that I’ve heard very frequently throughout my life. People can be very wealthy but unfortunately they can easily lose all of that wealth in a

1) Is it proper for a single man and a single woman to stay in the same hotel room for 2 nights driving out of State to watch Nascar and they are just friends, according to the woman, she is also neighbor to the guy.

2) is it also proper to pick a roommate which is a guy and the owner of the house is the woman she went out with years back, according to the woman, maybe they are still going out and it's just a show or facade.

3) is it also proper for a single woman to go o

The Revolt of “Mother” by Mary E. Wilkins is a short story of a lower middle class family. Sarah is the wife of a farmer named Adoniram with two kids, Sammy and Nanny. Adoniram owns an old barn and intends to convert the remaining land into a new barn. He had formerly promised Sarah that he would use that land for the construction of a new house. However, when the time comes, he breaks his promise. He goes out of the town to fetch a horse from Hiram for the new barn. Meanwhile, Sarah shifts int

I have two cousins (a father and a son) stay with me for four months while they did a work project. I didn't ask for them to pay rent or anything. The only thing I asked is for any increases in the utilities to be paid. They bought their own groceries, but never replenished any of the items (dish/laundry detergent, paper towels, etc) in the house. They did use regular items (spices, etc) for cooking. They never offered to help with anything financially. They only assisted while I did some renov

I have something to admit.

I am addicted to watching HGTV shows like House Hunters, My First Place, Property Brothers, and Love It or List It. I’m a junkie, and I could spend hours watching people decide their house futures. I love to see renovations in an hour. I love to see people weigh pros and cons of a potential home. I often find myself yelling at the television, “Go for the cute bungalow on the tree lined street” or “How could you choose that boring, beige, cookie cutter

Awareness Month Nomination: The Homeless

All around the world, there are thousands of people scraping together a life on the side of the road – living on alms and sleeping on cardboard. Homelessness is an international issue, an issue which is of the highest importance because it’s something that dramatically reduces the opportunities and quality of life available to those who fall victim to it. Homelessness is the bane of human society, leaving all those without a roof over th

Folks who live in our area are very accustomed to something called Hurricane Season which runs from June 1 through November 30 every year. It's not something that we fret over but we do stay stocked with the necessary items should the need arise. People in the low-country are very grateful that the need rarely arises. And one of the main reasons for this gratefulness stems from September 21, 1989.

His name was Hurricane Hugo and he came through here with the intent of making his pre

My parents want to turn the title of their house over to me and wife. They have a wonderful home AND it's paid off. The good news about this is that we could sell our house, keep the money and then live mortgage free in my parents home. There's one catch, and here's the bad news...my parents want to continue living there with us. They are both in their 70s and in good health but they foresee a time when they can't take care of themselves and would like some help verses having to move out of