Questions and Stories about Homeowners

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that homeowners have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a homeowner story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Homeowner Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Education

Sure, times are tough, and money is tight. It may be tempting to put off home repairs. And while it's okay to rebuild your patio when you get that long-awaited bonus, some repairs can't be ignored because they can cause thousands of dollars in damage--or worse, they might affect your family's health.

The June 2009 issue of Consumer Reports listed five "red flags of home maintenance" that need immediate attention--even in a bad economy.

1. Keep water away from the house. Gu

I was on Gaiam.com this weekend and came across five quick, money-saving, green tips which will save you cash and shrink your carbon footprint.

1. Plug your TV, computer, cable box, stereo and game console into smart power strips. Saves 10% off your power bill.

2. Dry a load of laundry outside. No clothesline? Try a portable drying rack. Skipping the dryer can save an annual $135.

3. Put up a "shade sail" or radiant barrier over a window to block the sun’s hea

<<Prev  2 of 2