Questions and Stories about Homeowners

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that homeowners have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a homeowner story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Homeowner Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Education

Moving out of university was probably the most ‘adult’ thing I had ever organised to date and I’ll be honest, it was scary! For a start, the state of my student digs wasn’t great and resembled more a bombsite than a living space! I really didn’t know where to start but I didn’t want to have to call my parents and have them bale me out. It was time to make my first step into the grown-up world using my own initiative. Hence scary!
I went on to Google and searched for a local removals co

Gandhi said, “If we could change ourselves, the world would also change.” I see this fitting into my life as a 30-year-old homeowner, and educator, boldly believing in a better than 2015, 2016.

2016 has to be better. Life isn’t meant to be consisted of mortgage payments and mourning.

2015 was extremely difficult. I left my apartment and teaching position abroad in Abu Dhabi, because I missed my house in the United States. I didn’t want to sell it when I was offered t

When I began Freshman year in high school, I was not what you would call a model student. In fact, I was more what you would call a "model goof-off."

I guess you could say, I was going through a bad spell. I was sick and tired of school. I just wanted....well, I didn't know what I wanted and that was the problem! But I knew one thing. I sure didn't want to be in school learning "boring things."

Therefore, I began doing poorly in all my classes. My parents fretted. T

The Revolt of “Mother” by Mary E. Wilkins is a short story of a lower middle class family. Sarah is the wife of a farmer named Adoniram with two kids, Sammy and Nanny. Adoniram owns an old barn and intends to convert the remaining land into a new barn. He had formerly promised Sarah that he would use that land for the construction of a new house. However, when the time comes, he breaks his promise. He goes out of the town to fetch a horse from Hiram for the new barn. Meanwhile, Sarah shifts int

Ok this page is coming again and again So I ask this- Ok How to share a story on stageoflife.com?

The tricks for maximizing your lithium-ion battery’s useful lifespan—that is, the number of times you can recharge it before it no longer accepts a charge—are pretty basic. Three things will prematurely age a lithium-ion battery: consistently draining it to the automatic shutdown point, exposing it to heat, and overcharging/overvoltage-charging. That last practice is actually dangerous and can lead to fire or even an explosion.

The most obvious battery-draining component that you can

March Madness: David and Goliath

A rapid knock on the door.
An unexpected phone call.
A siren heard in the distance.
A tragedy on the news.

These things have all caused a sense of panic in various ways over the years. Madness and mental illness are such horrific twins; companions conjoined in the dark. Yet, I wonder will it always be so?

Mental illness is no laughing matter to those who have witness

Hello All,

Stage of Life is proud to announce its latest endeavor - the development of the first mobile storytelling game! For the last three months, we have been putting our creative efforts into drafting Writing Race, a multiplayer story writing game for Apple iPhone where friends will collaboratively (or competitively) write a story together using their mobile phone.

Our idea to expand Stage of Life’s literacy initiative to the mobile realm began as some scribbling on

Recently I've engaged myself in a conversation with a research assistant from Duke University. He came over for dinner and I casually asked him about his work.
For the past few months he has been collecting datas and surveys. According to him, the U.S. government has given a large sum of money, i forgot how much but enough to say that it's a money that could make significant changes, to Mongolia. This money is to be invested in giving property rights. The research assistant is conducting

I'd like to share a great article from the Rismeida site (see link below for more info) about putting your home on an energy diet.

We’ve all been there on making well-intentioned New Year’s resolutions, among them promising faithfully to go on a diet, exercise and eat healthier. And sometimes, we may even keep those resolutions for a little while before falling off the wagon.

As part of the yearly New Year’s resolution-making ritual, the Alliance to Save Energy encourages