Questions and Stories about Homeowners

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that homeowners have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a homeowner story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Homeowner Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: General Questions

I am a 72 year old lady and have a male friend I would like to bring to MY house. My adult daughter and my 15 year old granddaughter live with me. When I mentioned my friend coming to spend the night with me, my daughter hit the roof.I think as it's My house she should just chill. She says her 15 year old lives here and I should not bring him here. She doesn't even want him to come to the house at all, just to see me. I need advice, this is causing a problem. It means I can't even enjoy my lif

Last year, I grew tomatoes, basil, parsley, and mint on our deck. But this summer, I wanted to add something pretty to the mix!

Unfortunately, our deck gets blasted with non-relenting sun in the afternoon. Therefore, I was on a mission to find some flowers that love full sunshine.

I carefully perused all the flower packets at Lowe's, and finally settled on a packet of pretty purple daisies and some blue flowers which I can not remember the name of, since I have s

Selling a home for the price you’re asking for can be extremely difficult. If your home is in a highly competitive or saturated market, it can seem all but impossible. Unless you’ve taken great care over the years to keep your home up-to-date, chances are your home will need a few upgrades before it’s ready to go on the market. Here are five remodeling projects that are sure to make your home sell faster.
Start with needed repairs
Though it’s not as glamorous as some of the other home

The bathroom is one of the most common areas to be remodeled. The bathrooms in older homes especially are often in need of a complete overhaul. If you’ve been putting off that bathroom remodeling project you’ve desperately needed for a while now, don’t put it off any longer. Though any remodeling project is a big project, there are some tips to make the process easier. Here are four tips to keep in mind for your next bathroom remodel.
1. Plan Ahead

It is impossible to plan too

Buying an apartment is one of the most lucrative investments that you can ever make. This is because unlike other products or services, it value appreciates as years pass. Automatically, you will sell it at a higher value. However, when acquiring the property, you ought to consider certain important factors. Therefore, you must know the tips for selecting the best houses for sale.

Since many people are looking for apartme

https://tigressandbutterfly.wordpress.com/2014/12/16/home-makers-the-queens/
here is a kingdom ruled by Queens, they are Home Makers. So this blog is not just to talk about good qualities of home makers, not just to say they cook well, their house is clean etc. Those are world – wide known facts.

Here are few tips for the home makers to make sure, they are not “just” home makers but they are “INDEPENDENT” home makers & top reasons to pat you

1. Have a hobby! It is a g

We have just bought a house in a HOA development..It clearly states only 2 vehicles allowed per house. My son is away at college and we took his car here and parked it in a "guest parking spot". We receive a letter stating that it needs to be removed..

My son will be coming home in two weeks and we want him to be able to use one of the "10" guest spots here.

My question is: how long is a person who comes to visit in your house considered a guest? He will be leaving in Mid

My husband (which, to be honest, is still a little weird to say) and I have recently begun looking for a new place to live. We currently stay in a one bedroom, one bath apartment, and were hoping to upgrade a two bedroom apartment in the winter when the prices on apartments go down. But here's the problem: prices weren't going down. In fact, they were going up. Way up.

After anxiously waiting for a price drop that wasn't coming for two months, we took a step back. What about buying?

I have two cousins (a father and a son) stay with me for four months while they did a work project. I didn't ask for them to pay rent or anything. The only thing I asked is for any increases in the utilities to be paid. They bought their own groceries, but never replenished any of the items (dish/laundry detergent, paper towels, etc) in the house. They did use regular items (spices, etc) for cooking. They never offered to help with anything financially. They only assisted while I did some renov

Falling In love all over agan
The holidays to me are the ones best enjoyed during the fall season. When you live in a big city like chicago , being surrounded by Deep Dish Pizza, Hot Dogs , Popcorn and cheesecake, and you cant afford to travel. Nonthing feels better than awaiting the star studded nights, Fall weather, colorful leaves, crisp air, beautiful cloudy days, and most of all comfort foods. The hots days of Chicago can be intense. But the Days of the fall, are a true breath