Five Remodeling Projects That Will Sell Your Home

DennisMarshall
Selling a home for the price you’re asking for can be extremely difficult. If your home is in a highly competitive or saturated market, it can seem all but impossible. Unless you’ve taken great care over the years to keep your home up-to-date, chances are your home will need a few upgrades before it’s ready to go on the market. Here are five remodeling projects that are sure to make your home sell faster.
Start with needed repairs
Though it’s not as glamorous as some of the other home remodeling projects, the ideal place to start when upgrading your home before listing it is with needed repairs. Homes wear out over time. If you’ve got leaky pipes or damaged roof shingles, no potential buyer is going to care how tricked out your kitchen is with fancy, stainless steel appliances and natural stone counter tops. Resist the temptation to spend your remodeling budget on flashy projects and put the money towards fixing what needs to be fixed first. With that out of the way, you can consider these other projects.
Update the kitchen
The kitchen is arguably the most important room in the house when it comes to selling it. Just remember that the kitchen can become a money pit if you don’t exercise restraint. You want your kitchen to look modern but you don’t want to drop thousands on a total kitchen remodel unless it’s absolutely necessary to sell the home. The more you spend on the kitchen remodel, the less likely you are to recoup your costs.
Freshen up the bathrooms
Next to the kitchen, bathrooms are the most important rooms when it comes to selling your home. The same rules apply as with the kitchen. Freshen them up and make them look welcoming but without going overboard.
Pay attention to landscaping
No matter how great your home looks on the inside, you’ll have trouble selling it if it doesn’t have curb appeal. Spend some of your budget and sprucing up your home’s exterior like the yard so that prospective buyers who stop by don’t drive off without stepping foot inside to see the work you’ve done there.
Hire a home stager
Many homeowners don’t want to spend the extra money to hire someone to stage their home. Though it might sound easy enough, knowing how to stage your home before an open house is an art form that requires some expertise. The investment is well worth it. Unless you have some experience with interior design and home staging, leave that job to the professionals.

Interior Decorating and Remodeling News Brought to You by BaseBoardRadiatorCover.com
Source: foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2015/05/28/5-upgrades-that-sell-your-home/

Homeowners blog on StageofLife.comAbout Us StageofLife.com is a blogging community for homeowners.  It allows people who own their home to share stories about the adventure of home ownership in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Read the blogs and stories about home ownership, or check out the writing contest for homeowners, quotes about owning a home, home etiquette, videos about owning a home, discounts for homeowners, and other resources for having a baby on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free profile, share an essay about your home, and pass along your wisdom to help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor, teacher or educator - review our literacy, blogging and writing resources