Easily Removable Apartment Décor

BettyLee
It can be frustrating to decorate an apartment with tight restrictions that do not allow you to change paint color, leave nail holes or hide ugly carpet and flooring. It is hard for empty white walls the make an apartment feel like home. If an apartment is outdated with old carpet, faded tile and peeling paint it can be even more difficult to make it feel warm and cozy. Luckily we live in a world of people who refuse to give up when it comes to creating their perfect place of residence. Here are some ways that people who live in apartments are making them their own without the fear of losing their deposit.

Painting without losing

Depending on the color of paint, it might be worth the risk to you to paint the walls while you live in the apartment and then paint them white again once it is time to move, but painting is hard work and you might not want to live with the stress of possible visits from the landlord. If you are determined to get back your deposit, consider alternatives to paint such as wallpaper lining. Wallpaper lining is easy to remove and you can also paint on it, so if you want something other than white you can choose the color of your walls without any fears.

Covering up flooring

Apartments, especially older apartments are notorious for old and ugly carpet. Any type of flooring can always be covered up by rugs, but you can also use other alternatives such as linoleum held down by double sided carpet tape. If you want more than just linoleum, there is floor adhesive underlayment that acts as a base for hardwood without the need for glue or nails according to Apartment Therapy.

Hanging décor on walls

If your apartment has a strict policy against leaving nail holes, there are easy solutions such as command strips and wall hooks that are sturdy enough to hold up shelving, art and picture frames while easily being removed without damaging the wall. You might also consider temporary wallpaper that does not have to be stripped when you are ready to take it down. If you are dealing with ugly or damaged tile, spruce it up using tile tattoos that are temporary decals that can easily be removed.

Extras that make a difference

There are other little techniques that do not require much in order to change the look and feel of an apartment. Change the looks of your windows by using peel and stick window film sheets that require little effort hanging as well as removing. This is a great alternative to curtains or blinds and adds a unique and homely feel to any apartment. If you are worried about your children coloring on the walls, use removable contact paper that can be used as a chalkboard. Washi tape is also a unique and simple way to add color and creativity to apartment walls without losing deposits.

Interior decorating and remodeling news brought to you by baseboardradiatorcover.com
Source: apartmenttherapy.com/10-temporary-removable-products-all-renters-should-know-about-206028?crlt.pid=camp.X5oPoht9Rfgo

Homeowners blog on StageofLife.comAbout Us StageofLife.com is a blogging community for homeowners.  It allows people who own their home to share stories about the adventure of home ownership in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Read the blogs and stories about home ownership, or check out the writing contest for homeowners, quotes about owning a home, home etiquette, videos about owning a home, discounts for homeowners, and other resources for having a baby on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free profile, share an essay about your home, and pass along your wisdom to help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor, teacher or educator - review our literacy, blogging and writing resources