Questions and Stories about Married Without Kids

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that couples have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a couples story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Married Without Kids Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Social Etiquette

As a child, you watched your parents go through marriage as if everything was perfectly natural, and just the way it was expected it to be. Then you married and realized they may have neglected to mention some details.

It Can Be Terrifying

Marriage isn't just the wedding: it's the turmoil afterward. It's full of change, unpredictability, and problems. It can be scary, but yo

I am staring at a naked dummy. Every year at work, we go through CPR and first aid training. The day is a waste to me, simply because I see it as a day to waste time on a skill I will never use. I will tolerate this, because it is cold outside and I can stay in this warm training center, drinking coffee and wondering what to have for dinner. Our instructor goes on and on incessantly about what we should look for in scenarios, to make sure our area is safe before approaching, and to look for

Our brother passed away a few years ago. When he was alive we would visit him at his vacation home. Now that he's passed his girlfriend wants us to visit her and none of us feel comfortable, since it's not the same without him.

I know she's trying to but when he was alive she wouldn't let him visit family a lot of the time and it really bothered him and us. Whenever a family occasion occurred he often came by himself because she was always too busy, and when she was out of town he w

“Who’s going to take care of you when you get old?” Lisa asks me as we pretend we are working out at the gym. Dean and I have been married for two years now. Lisa has been married for four years and Lisa is trying to have her second kid. I am telling her again that Dean and I don’t want to have children, a concept that Lisa, and many other adults, can’t grasp.
“I don’t think you should have a child to avoid paying for a retirement home,” I politely say back as I continue to figure out

Being in a long-term relationship means you're already comfortable sharing your life with someone. You're comfortable with the idea of compromise, working together and communicating. But, as you settle into a long-term relationship, it's easy to reach a place where you both feel stagnant and complacent.

Strive to take your relationship to the next level by giving back to your local community, volunteering globally and getting involved in enriching the lives of others. Not sure how yo

The British drama, Downtown Abbey, this season’s new passion for television, tells the story of the privileged family of the Earl of Grantham and of his retinue of servants. It is 1920 and the cash-strapped Earl is married to Cora, a super-rich American. With the arrival of her mother, Martha Levinson, we realize that Cora is Jewish and that their union rescued the magnificent property where the Earl was born and hopes to die. A self-confessed fortune hunter, he again needs aid to rescue him fr

Anyone dealing with infertility knows what true commitment it is - the emotional and physical toll it takes on your body, your mind, the doctor’s visits, and the financial burden. And as if dealing with infertility wasn’t hard enough now add work and this becomes a dangerous combination to those who cross your path.

Most people work because they have to not because they want to. Who goes to work because they love their job, enjoy getting bossed around, and then at the end of the we