Questions and Stories about Married Without Kids

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that couples have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a couples story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Married Without Kids Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Relationships

When I met my husband, we were living in small apartments and both of us were prior homeowners. Our apartments deceptively kept secret the growing mounds of boxes, crates, car parts and outdoor gear in our three large storage units.

In those storage units, the limits of daily functions were exceeded. For example, we had:
• A bright yellow catamaran raft (once used to float down the Colorado River), and other river gear such as a portable potty (with a seat cover even);

The following is an interview I did with my sister-in-law via Facebook about life being married. I would like to thank her for all her honest answers which were probably not easy, knowing they would be posted online or that her husband’s little sister was asking the questions.

Q: How long have you been married?

A: My husband and I have been married since August 14, 2010, so 3 years.

Q: How did you meet?

A: We met in middle school. Chess club had start

I am kind of overwhelmed to say the least because this is my first attempt at joining any kind of online writing site especially one which is open to public viewing ,but then now that i have taken the plunge here we go ...

Let me tell you a little bit about myself .I am happiness anon( it’s a pseudonym of course) and I am writing to you all the way from India .I am an Indian by birth and lineage and I have lived all my life in this country .Its interesting to be in India in these tim

My goal in life in life is to have a good paying job and to have an wife also two kids. When I get out of high school. I would like to go to the military when I graduate high school. So that they can pay for my college. Also for they can make me a better man. They would teach me a lot of great things. I also can find my career in the military. So the military can start my life off great. When I get done with the college education. I would like to go find me a wife threw out the years. When I ha

Mj and I have been together for five years and we have never had an argument. I can hardly even believe that myself. We don't always agree but we come from a similar enough starting point that it just works. We push and pull each other with just the right amount of force so that it never results in a verbal altercation. Our biggest issue is that he's on the messy side and I'm a neat freak who sometimes nags. If that's our biggest problem I figure we are doing something right. We are far f

Two months before my husband and I got married his boss told him that he was being relocated to a small town in the middle of NOWHERE. I have spent the last fifteen years living in large cities so for me this news was horrifying. We were leaving behind family, friends and everything that was safe and familiar. We were newlyweds living in a new city with no support system to rely on.

The first day we lived in our new town we went to eat at a local restaurant. My husband grabbed both m

I never thought I would ever use the words “necessary evil” and “date night” in the same sentence. After all, a necessary evil is something that you do not like, but which you know must exist or happen. But who doesn’t like date night?

…Apparently, some couples don’t.

A few months ago, I came across an article that talked about how date night can be tedious and often stressful for some married couples, in particular parents. Date night became more of a routine they felt t

I grew up in a very racially homogenous country. I remember learning about other races in school but have not really seen a person of a different race up close until I went abroad when I was 14. Croatia is not homogenous only in terms of skin color of its population, but also in terms of religion. Despite that, I was always taught, both in school and at home, that humans are humans no matter the color of their skin, their origin, language, religion, education, social class…

When I we

I don't know anyone married yet, other than adults, but I do personally know a few people that are engaged. I think, for the purposes of this blog post, I can kind of switch out "married" with "engaged."

People don't like to admit that change happens, they really don't. A lot of people actively go out and seek change in their life, others don't, but the part where people really hate to admit is that they have personally changed at one point or another. I was always one of those peopl

The British drama, Downtown Abbey, this season’s new passion for television, tells the story of the privileged family of the Earl of Grantham and of his retinue of servants. It is 1920 and the cash-strapped Earl is married to Cora, a super-rich American. With the arrival of her mother, Martha Levinson, we realize that Cora is Jewish and that their union rescued the magnificent property where the Earl was born and hopes to die. A self-confessed fortune hunter, he again needs aid to rescue him fr

<<Prev  2 of 5    Next>>