Questions and Stories about Married Without Kids

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that couples have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a couples story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Married Without Kids Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Relationships

The secret to happiness: what is happiness, first of all. I feel it is different for everyone. What may be happiness for me, may not be the same for another. Every person must figure that out for him or herself.

In my case, the secret to happiness is a 'Christ' centered marriage. God brought us together and kept us this way. Oh, there was a short time that we didn't want to be with one another, but once we started seeking God's will for our marriage, things got back to being won

My wife text and tells me that God wants her to spend 24 hours closed in with Him and he wants her to do it on her birthday coming up in a few day. so im thinking to my self ok thats fine until she tells me that on her birthday she getting a hotel room and wont be home for 24 hour so that she can spend time with God. How should i deal with this

Tying the nuptial knot with the hope of eternal bliss is always expected by the bride and bridegroom even if it’s an arranged or love marriage. They dream of their future together and build it by layering it with happiness, wealth and most importantly kids as a symbol of their love and also for everlasting joy. However, what if a layer goes missing?
  Everything does not turn out as we wish and it is never an obstacle to still go on in life. That’s what my beloved uncle taught me. To him

Our brother passed away a few years ago. When he was alive we would visit him at his vacation home. Now that he's passed his girlfriend wants us to visit her and none of us feel comfortable, since it's not the same without him.

I know she's trying to but when he was alive she wouldn't let him visit family a lot of the time and it really bothered him and us. Whenever a family occasion occurred he often came by himself because she was always too busy, and when she was out of town he w

I only heard her bark once. We were walking in the park and I heard a bark, so I looked around to see another dog. Sissy never did bark, but there she was, at my feet, with the hair on her back up, at this point growling. I peered into the trees to see what she could possibly be barking at. Then I realize that she must mean business, and I didn't want to find out what horrific animal, alien, or ghost was in the trees. We turned around and walked home. Sissy was a beautiful Labrador with t

Temperatures dipped below freezing, and the first of twenty-nine snow falls arrived three weeks before winter. I’d always welcomed the shorter days and longer spans of indoor solitude that accompanied cold weather. However, my husband worshipped the sun and the outdoors; a match not made in heaven that resulted in winter being brutal in more ways than one.

Just when we thought we’d never see the lawn again, daffodils surfaced with the delayed spring thaw, and April showers arrived

Even today almost 4 years after she passed away if you ask anyone in our family who was the best family chef the answer still remains the same - "BARDI". Bardi means Elder sister in Bengali. Although she was my maternal grandmother's elder sister she was universally called as Bardi by everyone.Be it the kids, the grandchildren or the great grand children.
She was a widow at the young age of 25 and lived till the age of 90. Being a widower in India was a very difficult ex

Happy marriage is every woman’s dream. A challenging one, in case of an arranged marriage. While it is difficult for the parents to find a suitable groom, it is beyond difficult for the woman to merely go through the entire phase.

Having been brought up in a society that thought beauty is priority, fair is lovely, clear face is the dear face and so on, I had begun to feel jitterier than ever, after my graduation. Every stranger, relative and friend took a good look at my face, every

You jump through hoops, you fight your way through battles, and winning that last fight is always your main goal. That is the life of an Olympic star and it is also the life of a married couple. You know, when I got married I didn’t imagine it to be this way. I truly did believe that by now I would have had white picket fence, a business man for a husband and the perfect boy and girl. I think I got the opposite. My husband is a crazy goofball who scratches at confusion when I work on my e

I don't read nearly as much as I used to. Months ago Mj was showing me all these free books I could get on Amazon. I found one I liked and then he didn't save it so he went searching for it and found it again. I don't know what the point was. I don't have a Kindle and chances are I wasn't going to go out and buy the book in the store. I should have known that he would make sure I'd get to read that book.

I posted this pic on Instagram and got 17 likes. That's a lot of likes for