Questions and Stories about Married Without Kids

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that couples have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a couples story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Married Without Kids Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Money

Well, it’s official: I’ve been unemployed for a month now.

My lay off didn’t come as a total shock. On the Monday before it happened, my boss pulled one of closest friends/co-workers into a meeting. The co-worker came out looking visibly distressed and quietly conferred with my manager, who then stormed out to chain smoke and didn’t return for 20 minutes.

I asked her what was going on point blank. In Suite 27, we were an open book—on my first day at this company, my manage

I have asked my wife not to tell other people how much money I make? Am i being unreasonable

Aldous Huxley predicted in his 1932 dystopian book a society where traditional values have all but eroded and the value of life has decreased to the point of mass producing babies and constantly consuming pleasure-inducing drugs. Eight decades later, our society is seeing a similar pattern with Huxley’s society, where the intrinsic value of human life is slowly decreasing and we’re on a slippery slope where countries are gradually accepting policies that degrade humanity in fa

My goal in life in life is to have a good paying job and to have an wife also two kids. When I get out of high school. I would like to go to the military when I graduate high school. So that they can pay for my college. Also for they can make me a better man. They would teach me a lot of great things. I also can find my career in the military. So the military can start my life off great. When I get done with the college education. I would like to go find me a wife threw out the years. When I ha

You faced the financial crisis and do not know what to do? This is quite a stressful situation, because in spite of all this you have to pay bills, buy food and have cash for little expenses. Of course you can not affect the economic situation in the country, but you can take some simple steps to protect your future and survive the hard times. Let's look at the main options which can afford us to cope with the financial crisis.

Assess the situation

First of all, do not pan

The old saying is that youth is wasted on the young. Fortunately, I was given a gift of a little wisdom at any early age as I actually listened to my elder's advice. In fact, I solicited the advice. I recall asking my grandfather what advice he would give me for financial success. He told me to be a big fish in a little pond.

As I look back, I see I followed his advice. I became a well-known author and speaker to a small niche of people (financial advisors) and was even highlighted

The British drama, Downtown Abbey, this season’s new passion for television, tells the story of the privileged family of the Earl of Grantham and of his retinue of servants. It is 1920 and the cash-strapped Earl is married to Cora, a super-rich American. With the arrival of her mother, Martha Levinson, we realize that Cora is Jewish and that their union rescued the magnificent property where the Earl was born and hopes to die. A self-confessed fortune hunter, he again needs aid to rescue him fr

I didn’t realize turning 22 also meant graduating from college in May and possibly living on my own in the near future. Not to mention, I haven’t even begun to notice the time I’ve put into my relationship. Going on two years, this has become my first long-term relationship in four years of college. But with everything coming so soon, does that mean something else should be expected in the future as well?

It has been difficult for me to focus on graduating and seeing people my age ge

Hello All,

Stage of Life is proud to announce its latest endeavor - the development of the first mobile storytelling game! For the last three months, we have been putting our creative efforts into drafting Writing Race, a multiplayer story writing game for Apple iPhone where friends will collaboratively (or competitively) write a story together using their mobile phone.

Our idea to expand Stage of Life’s literacy initiative to the mobile realm began as some scribbling on

We all have a favorite restaurant for date night. It might be a little local place, or it might be your favorite national chain like Ruby Tuesday's.

What's your favorite restaurant for date night? Why?

P.s. - this post is not about me and my wife going to visit your suggestions. Rather, it's ALL about sparking some dialogue around the art of romance...good food...good wine...great atmosphere.

My wife and I go to a little place in York, PA called The Lef