Questions and Stories about Married Without Kids

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that couples have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a couples story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Married Without Kids Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Make a Difference

I am staring at a naked dummy. Every year at work, we go through CPR and first aid training. The day is a waste to me, simply because I see it as a day to waste time on a skill I will never use. I will tolerate this, because it is cold outside and I can stay in this warm training center, drinking coffee and wondering what to have for dinner. Our instructor goes on and on incessantly about what we should look for in scenarios, to make sure our area is safe before approaching, and to look for

My husband, Justin, and I have been animal lovers all our lives. I grew up around cats and fish, and he raised a few animals short of a domestic zoo: dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, and chinchillas rounded out his family. Together, as a couple, we’ve own two cats, a 14 year old orange tabby from my childhood named Peeps and a 2 year old long haired tortoiseshell ball of energy named Olivia.

One of our most memorable animal moments, though, doesn’t involve our pets.

Our eve

she was beautiful. for the way she spoke, down to her intellectual thoughts. the way she loved him, noone understood. the passion that seaps through her, inspired by what she thought may be the most beautiful thing she has yet to come across. scared at first, she weighed out the pros and cons. she listed everything she had loved about this man, everything that he has done to inspire her. the list grew and grew until it over powered any negative thought of him at all! The only thought with the s

We adopted Bailey in the Summer of 2010 from the local shelter. Passing by cages and cages of beautiful dogs, all who looked like they needed a good home, it was Bailey who instantly sprang to lick my hand when I reached up to read her BIO. Bailey was a neglected and stray Pit Bull mix that had recently given birth. Her teats were dominant, the end of her tail and ears were feathered from being succumbed by fleas, and her figure was daunting to say the least. She was on the urgent list; she had

I am a big fan of romantic movies, especially the straight breezy ones. I love watching them. I love the whole happy ending bit. I even read a lot of Mills & Boon. But hold on. I am no starry eyed romantic soul. On the contrary I am extremely practical and prefer a chilled out evening with TH watching “who wants to be a millionaire” and trying to outdo each other than doing the whole romantic conversation bit. So why do I like romantic movies and books? I think its because they are simple , th

Being in a long-term relationship means you're already comfortable sharing your life with someone. You're comfortable with the idea of compromise, working together and communicating. But, as you settle into a long-term relationship, it's easy to reach a place where you both feel stagnant and complacent.

Strive to take your relationship to the next level by giving back to your local community, volunteering globally and getting involved in enriching the lives of others. Not sure how yo

My Mother told me a story once when I was a young girl. A story that even as a young child carried so much weight into how I saw the world and the people in them. She had just gotten married at the mere age of 18 to a man she hardly knew; a man she had only seen around town but never had formally met. She finally spoke a few words to him on their wedding night and moved into his family home, one that occupied his older brother and his own family, complete with 5 sons and 4 daughters. In the fir

I didn’t realize turning 22 also meant graduating from college in May and possibly living on my own in the near future. Not to mention, I haven’t even begun to notice the time I’ve put into my relationship. Going on two years, this has become my first long-term relationship in four years of college. But with everything coming so soon, does that mean something else should be expected in the future as well?

It has been difficult for me to focus on graduating and seeing people my age ge

Hello All,

Stage of Life is proud to announce its latest endeavor - the development of the first mobile storytelling game! For the last three months, we have been putting our creative efforts into drafting Writing Race, a multiplayer story writing game for Apple iPhone where friends will collaboratively (or competitively) write a story together using their mobile phone.

Our idea to expand Stage of Life’s literacy initiative to the mobile realm began as some scribbling on

In my introduction of this blog I mentioned that for about twenty years my wife and I used to attend a prayer group. It happened when we had already four children. It all began when one of our neighbors knocked at our door one winter evening. Although I knew this man and even spoke to him several times, in my eyes he was an arrogant bully, a tough guy a political fanatic. I wondered what he wanted at that time and I was almost afraid……...just a little. But he asked me politely to let him in bec