Questions and Stories about Married Without Kids

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that couples have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a couples story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Married Without Kids Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: I Need a Change

Well, it’s official: I’ve been unemployed for a month now.

My lay off didn’t come as a total shock. On the Monday before it happened, my boss pulled one of closest friends/co-workers into a meeting. The co-worker came out looking visibly distressed and quietly conferred with my manager, who then stormed out to chain smoke and didn’t return for 20 minutes.

I asked her what was going on point blank. In Suite 27, we were an open book—on my first day at this company, my manage

Temperatures dipped below freezing, and the first of twenty-nine snow falls arrived three weeks before winter. I’d always welcomed the shorter days and longer spans of indoor solitude that accompanied cold weather. However, my husband worshipped the sun and the outdoors; a match not made in heaven that resulted in winter being brutal in more ways than one.

Just when we thought we’d never see the lawn again, daffodils surfaced with the delayed spring thaw, and April showers arrived

she was beautiful. for the way she spoke, down to her intellectual thoughts. the way she loved him, noone understood. the passion that seaps through her, inspired by what she thought may be the most beautiful thing she has yet to come across. scared at first, she weighed out the pros and cons. she listed everything she had loved about this man, everything that he has done to inspire her. the list grew and grew until it over powered any negative thought of him at all! The only thought with the s

When I met my husband, we were living in small apartments and both of us were prior homeowners. Our apartments deceptively kept secret the growing mounds of boxes, crates, car parts and outdoor gear in our three large storage units.

In those storage units, the limits of daily functions were exceeded. For example, we had:
• A bright yellow catamaran raft (once used to float down the Colorado River), and other river gear such as a portable potty (with a seat cover even);

I am kind of overwhelmed to say the least because this is my first attempt at joining any kind of online writing site especially one which is open to public viewing ,but then now that i have taken the plunge here we go ...

Let me tell you a little bit about myself .I am happiness anon( it’s a pseudonym of course) and I am writing to you all the way from India .I am an Indian by birth and lineage and I have lived all my life in this country .Its interesting to be in India in these tim

Two months before my husband and I got married his boss told him that he was being relocated to a small town in the middle of NOWHERE. I have spent the last fifteen years living in large cities so for me this news was horrifying. We were leaving behind family, friends and everything that was safe and familiar. We were newlyweds living in a new city with no support system to rely on.

The first day we lived in our new town we went to eat at a local restaurant. My husband grabbed both m

You’ve probably read about that statistic – your bedroom is where you spend a third of your life – 8 hours out of 24 each day. But your bedroom is more than just a place to doff down for the night. It is also your own personal sanctuary. Your sinecure for rest and relaxation and spending quality time with yourself or with that special someone.

Create the right ambience

Whether you pick a traditional style, contemporary style or a minimalistic look for your bedroom,

Everyone deals with struggles in life, things that happen which are out of our control. What is most important is how you confront these life struggles. Do you continue to live your life being miserable or do you take control, find your voice, and persevere? I, like all people in life, had my share of struggles. My biggest one was my battle with infertility. I call this a battle because the process was both physically exhausting and emotionally debilitating.My body had failed me. I felt lik

In my introduction of this blog I mentioned that for about twenty years my wife and I used to attend a prayer group. It happened when we had already four children. It all began when one of our neighbors knocked at our door one winter evening. Although I knew this man and even spoke to him several times, in my eyes he was an arrogant bully, a tough guy a political fanatic. I wondered what he wanted at that time and I was almost afraid……...just a little. But he asked me politely to let him in bec

How to mak your Marriage Thrive!

Let’s face it – marriage can be hard! But it doesn’t have to stay that way. There are simple things you can do every day to make a difference. Happy couples know that doing these 3 small things can make a world of difference. Couples in trouble, usually find themselves unsure of where to go or what to do, to make their marriage really thrive. During a typical couples counseling session, you learn new ways to communicate, how to repair lost trust, and