Questions and Stories about Married Without Kids

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that couples have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a couples story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Married Without Kids Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Ethical Dilemmas

My wife text and tells me that God wants her to spend 24 hours closed in with Him and he wants her to do it on her birthday coming up in a few day. so im thinking to my self ok thats fine until she tells me that on her birthday she getting a hotel room and wont be home for 24 hour so that she can spend time with God. How should i deal with this

Well, it’s official: I’ve been unemployed for a month now.

My lay off didn’t come as a total shock. On the Monday before it happened, my boss pulled one of closest friends/co-workers into a meeting. The co-worker came out looking visibly distressed and quietly conferred with my manager, who then stormed out to chain smoke and didn’t return for 20 minutes.

I asked her what was going on point blank. In Suite 27, we were an open book—on my first day at this company, my manage

Our brother passed away a few years ago. When he was alive we would visit him at his vacation home. Now that he's passed his girlfriend wants us to visit her and none of us feel comfortable, since it's not the same without him.

I know she's trying to but when he was alive she wouldn't let him visit family a lot of the time and it really bothered him and us. Whenever a family occasion occurred he often came by himself because she was always too busy, and when she was out of town he w

“Who’s going to take care of you when you get old?” Lisa asks me as we pretend we are working out at the gym. Dean and I have been married for two years now. Lisa has been married for four years and Lisa is trying to have her second kid. I am telling her again that Dean and I don’t want to have children, a concept that Lisa, and many other adults, can’t grasp.
“I don’t think you should have a child to avoid paying for a retirement home,” I politely say back as I continue to figure out

Aldous Huxley predicted in his 1932 dystopian book a society where traditional values have all but eroded and the value of life has decreased to the point of mass producing babies and constantly consuming pleasure-inducing drugs. Eight decades later, our society is seeing a similar pattern with Huxley’s society, where the intrinsic value of human life is slowly decreasing and we’re on a slippery slope where countries are gradually accepting policies that degrade humanity in fa

Happy marriage is every woman’s dream. A challenging one, in case of an arranged marriage. While it is difficult for the parents to find a suitable groom, it is beyond difficult for the woman to merely go through the entire phase.

Having been brought up in a society that thought beauty is priority, fair is lovely, clear face is the dear face and so on, I had begun to feel jitterier than ever, after my graduation. Every stranger, relative and friend took a good look at my face, every

I am a big fan of romantic movies, especially the straight breezy ones. I love watching them. I love the whole happy ending bit. I even read a lot of Mills & Boon. But hold on. I am no starry eyed romantic soul. On the contrary I am extremely practical and prefer a chilled out evening with TH watching “who wants to be a millionaire” and trying to outdo each other than doing the whole romantic conversation bit. So why do I like romantic movies and books? I think its because they are simple , th

The following is an interview I did with my sister-in-law via Facebook about life being married. I would like to thank her for all her honest answers which were probably not easy, knowing they would be posted online or that her husband’s little sister was asking the questions.

Q: How long have you been married?

A: My husband and I have been married since August 14, 2010, so 3 years.

Q: How did you meet?

A: We met in middle school. Chess club had start

I am kind of overwhelmed to say the least because this is my first attempt at joining any kind of online writing site especially one which is open to public viewing ,but then now that i have taken the plunge here we go ...

Let me tell you a little bit about myself .I am happiness anon( it’s a pseudonym of course) and I am writing to you all the way from India .I am an Indian by birth and lineage and I have lived all my life in this country .Its interesting to be in India in these tim

I don't know anyone married yet, other than adults, but I do personally know a few people that are engaged. I think, for the purposes of this blog post, I can kind of switch out "married" with "engaged."

People don't like to admit that change happens, they really don't. A lot of people actively go out and seek change in their life, others don't, but the part where people really hate to admit is that they have personally changed at one point or another. I was always one of those peopl