Questions and Stories about Married Without Kids

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that couples have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a couples story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Married Without Kids Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: General Questions

My wife text and tells me that God wants her to spend 24 hours closed in with Him and he wants her to do it on her birthday coming up in a few day. so im thinking to my self ok thats fine until she tells me that on her birthday she getting a hotel room and wont be home for 24 hour so that she can spend time with God. How should i deal with this

As a child, you watched your parents go through marriage as if everything was perfectly natural, and just the way it was expected it to be. Then you married and realized they may have neglected to mention some details.

It Can Be Terrifying

Marriage isn't just the wedding: it's the turmoil afterward. It's full of change, unpredictability, and problems. It can be scary, but yo

I am staring at a naked dummy. Every year at work, we go through CPR and first aid training. The day is a waste to me, simply because I see it as a day to waste time on a skill I will never use. I will tolerate this, because it is cold outside and I can stay in this warm training center, drinking coffee and wondering what to have for dinner. Our instructor goes on and on incessantly about what we should look for in scenarios, to make sure our area is safe before approaching, and to look for

Well, it’s official: I’ve been unemployed for a month now.

My lay off didn’t come as a total shock. On the Monday before it happened, my boss pulled one of closest friends/co-workers into a meeting. The co-worker came out looking visibly distressed and quietly conferred with my manager, who then stormed out to chain smoke and didn’t return for 20 minutes.

I asked her what was going on point blank. In Suite 27, we were an open book—on my first day at this company, my manage

My husband, Justin, and I have been animal lovers all our lives. I grew up around cats and fish, and he raised a few animals short of a domestic zoo: dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, and chinchillas rounded out his family. Together, as a couple, we’ve own two cats, a 14 year old orange tabby from my childhood named Peeps and a 2 year old long haired tortoiseshell ball of energy named Olivia.

One of our most memorable animal moments, though, doesn’t involve our pets.

Our eve

We adopted Bailey in the Summer of 2010 from the local shelter. Passing by cages and cages of beautiful dogs, all who looked like they needed a good home, it was Bailey who instantly sprang to lick my hand when I reached up to read her BIO. Bailey was a neglected and stray Pit Bull mix that had recently given birth. Her teats were dominant, the end of her tail and ears were feathered from being succumbed by fleas, and her figure was daunting to say the least. She was on the urgent list; she had

I am a big fan of romantic movies, especially the straight breezy ones. I love watching them. I love the whole happy ending bit. I even read a lot of Mills & Boon. But hold on. I am no starry eyed romantic soul. On the contrary I am extremely practical and prefer a chilled out evening with TH watching “who wants to be a millionaire” and trying to outdo each other than doing the whole romantic conversation bit. So why do I like romantic movies and books? I think its because they are simple , th

The following is an interview I did with my sister-in-law via Facebook about life being married. I would like to thank her for all her honest answers which were probably not easy, knowing they would be posted online or that her husband’s little sister was asking the questions.

Q: How long have you been married?

A: My husband and I have been married since August 14, 2010, so 3 years.

Q: How did you meet?

A: We met in middle school. Chess club had start

I am kind of overwhelmed to say the least because this is my first attempt at joining any kind of online writing site especially one which is open to public viewing ,but then now that i have taken the plunge here we go ...

Let me tell you a little bit about myself .I am happiness anon( it’s a pseudonym of course) and I am writing to you all the way from India .I am an Indian by birth and lineage and I have lived all my life in this country .Its interesting to be in India in these tim

I don't know anyone married yet, other than adults, but I do personally know a few people that are engaged. I think, for the purposes of this blog post, I can kind of switch out "married" with "engaged."

People don't like to admit that change happens, they really don't. A lot of people actively go out and seek change in their life, others don't, but the part where people really hate to admit is that they have personally changed at one point or another. I was always one of those peopl