Questions and Stories about Married Without Kids

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that couples have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a couples story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Married Without Kids Questions and Stories

The secret to happiness: what is happiness, first of all. I feel it is different for everyone. What may be happiness for me, may not be the same for another. Every person must figure that out for him or herself.

In my case, the secret to happiness is a 'Christ' centered marriage. God brought us together and kept us this way. Oh, there was a short time that we didn't want to be with one another, but once we started seeking God's will for our marriage, things got back to being won

Imagine a lake created by the run off of a glacier, surrounded by cliffs on three sides, waiting for some adventurous soul to dive right in to the freezing depths. The lake is lined with pine trees and bird song, sunshine and peace, this is pure happiness. The air is clean and fresh, it’s a hot day, perfect for taking a swim.
The lake is located in a tiny valley accessible only to hikers, up three hills and past two marshes, on a well beaten path, you deserve to play. Your first sight of

My wife text and tells me that God wants her to spend 24 hours closed in with Him and he wants her to do it on her birthday coming up in a few day. so im thinking to my self ok thats fine until she tells me that on her birthday she getting a hotel room and wont be home for 24 hour so that she can spend time with God. How should i deal with this

As a child, you watched your parents go through marriage as if everything was perfectly natural, and just the way it was expected it to be. Then you married and realized they may have neglected to mention some details.

It Can Be Terrifying

Marriage isn't just the wedding: it's the turmoil afterward. It's full of change, unpredictability, and problems. It can be scary, but yo

I am staring at a naked dummy. Every year at work, we go through CPR and first aid training. The day is a waste to me, simply because I see it as a day to waste time on a skill I will never use. I will tolerate this, because it is cold outside and I can stay in this warm training center, drinking coffee and wondering what to have for dinner. Our instructor goes on and on incessantly about what we should look for in scenarios, to make sure our area is safe before approaching, and to look for

Well, it’s official: I’ve been unemployed for a month now.

My lay off didn’t come as a total shock. On the Monday before it happened, my boss pulled one of closest friends/co-workers into a meeting. The co-worker came out looking visibly distressed and quietly conferred with my manager, who then stormed out to chain smoke and didn’t return for 20 minutes.

I asked her what was going on point blank. In Suite 27, we were an open book—on my first day at this company, my manage

Tying the nuptial knot with the hope of eternal bliss is always expected by the bride and bridegroom even if it’s an arranged or love marriage. They dream of their future together and build it by layering it with happiness, wealth and most importantly kids as a symbol of their love and also for everlasting joy. However, what if a layer goes missing?
  Everything does not turn out as we wish and it is never an obstacle to still go on in life. That’s what my beloved uncle taught me. To him

Our brother passed away a few years ago. When he was alive we would visit him at his vacation home. Now that he's passed his girlfriend wants us to visit her and none of us feel comfortable, since it's not the same without him.

I know she's trying to but when he was alive she wouldn't let him visit family a lot of the time and it really bothered him and us. Whenever a family occasion occurred he often came by himself because she was always too busy, and when she was out of town he w

I have had many teachers over the course of my life, but most of them have unfortunately had a negative impact on me. Though I have always been a good student, I also have a different way of learning and problems with paying attention. Most teachers write me off as strange or disruptive and never take the time to understand me. This is why my piano teacher, Mrs. Hadduck, has always been my favorite. She was the second of five piano teachers I had between first grade and my junior year of coll

So where to begin...... My wife and I have been married for almost two years but have been together for over 14 years. We just bought our first home and after much discussion we decided to take my grandmother in. She has lived on her own with all of my aunts paying her bills for some time now. She has always been rude and stubborn and it continues to be the case. She has taken over our house. She is very loud on the phone every night and invites family over with out asking. (family I don't

I only heard her bark once. We were walking in the park and I heard a bark, so I looked around to see another dog. Sissy never did bark, but there she was, at my feet, with the hair on her back up, at this point growling. I peered into the trees to see what she could possibly be barking at. Then I realize that she must mean business, and I didn't want to find out what horrific animal, alien, or ghost was in the trees. We turned around and walked home. Sissy was a beautiful Labrador with t

“Ba-ding” goes the sound of my husband’s Facebook messenger, and I know the next sound to follow will be my husband’s groan. Why? Because I just sent him a link to the newest puppy I found for sale.

I have wanted a puppy since we moved into our little rental home almost two years ago, but my husband has insisted that it’s simply impractical. And in all fairness, he’s absolutely right. We live in a rental and work long hours every day. Still, for me, a household is simply incomplete

My husband, Justin, and I have been animal lovers all our lives. I grew up around cats and fish, and he raised a few animals short of a domestic zoo: dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, and chinchillas rounded out his family. Together, as a couple, we’ve own two cats, a 14 year old orange tabby from my childhood named Peeps and a 2 year old long haired tortoiseshell ball of energy named Olivia.

One of our most memorable animal moments, though, doesn’t involve our pets.

Our eve

I have asked my wife not to tell other people how much money I make? Am i being unreasonable

Temperatures dipped below freezing, and the first of twenty-nine snow falls arrived three weeks before winter. I’d always welcomed the shorter days and longer spans of indoor solitude that accompanied cold weather. However, my husband worshipped the sun and the outdoors; a match not made in heaven that resulted in winter being brutal in more ways than one.

Just when we thought we’d never see the lawn again, daffodils surfaced with the delayed spring thaw, and April showers arrived