My favourite TV show: 25 Women + 1 Man = Crazy Dates, Lots of Drama & Tons of Kissing on The Bac

ThingsYouRealize
I never thought I would be hooked on “The Bachelor”. The show is in its 17th season and for the last 16 seasons I’ve gone out of my way to change the channel whenever I came across it. I don’t know why, but I’ve always felt the show to be too choreographed to be reality. Is it really possible to have all that drama over one guy?

Apparently so! And now, I am officially obsessed with this seasons’ show with Sean and all that drama!

So is my husband—maybe even more so than me, but he won’t admit to that! Having found nothing interesting to watch on TV a few weeks ago, my husband and I stumbled upon the first episode and it didn’t take long before we were glued to the TV. We enjoy the show for different reasons. For me, seeing the one-on-one dates always gives me crazy new ideas my husband and I could try together like jumping off a skyscraper, plunging into an icy, glacier-fed lake or rappelling down a steep cliff. The group dates (and even the night before the rose ceremony) are my husband’s favourite moments because of the drama that always unfolds. My husband is often amazed that women can be so competitive (read: catty) when it comes to men. This is when a discussion about the differences between sexes ensues and my husband gets a lesson in the ever-complex female species! (Think of it as Introduction to the Female Mind - 101.) Finally, the climatic rose ceremony at the end always leads to a compassionate outburst from both of us, “What?! How could he give HER a rose?? ____ should have gotten a rose instead!” (Apparently we know what’s best for Sean, and considering his prolonging of *cough* Tierra, I’m starting to feel that we do!)

The irony is that watching the Bachelor together with my husband these past few weeks has actually brought us closer together. For starters, we’re spending more time together. Contrary to what experts may say, although my husband and I are glued to the TV screen, we are still interacting with each other during the show. Secondly, the show makes me realize how blessed I am to have a man in my life that loves me, supports me and is willing do anything for me. (Thank God, I don’t have to search for love anymore because I’ve been there before and it’s hard!) Best of all though, the Bachelor leads to more kissing between my husband and I. After all, how can you watch a show with that much lip action and not turn to your significant other and coyly ask, “Wanna try and see if we can break the record that Sean and Leslie set for longest on-screen kiss and kiss for 3.18 seconds??”
Comment by Nate DeRose

Congratulations! You’ve been selected the Wedding/Married without kids life stages winner for the February writing contest: "Why Can't I Stop Watching My Favorite TV Show?"

Don’t forget to share your story and show your accomplishment on your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media!

Thanks for submitting and we look forward to your future submissions.
Posted: Wednesday, April 3, 2013 5:13:15 PM
Comment by ThingsYouRealize

Thanks Nate! That's awesome to hear! :)
Posted: Wednesday, April 3, 2013 5:19:18 PM
Comment by Girlboxer1970

Great essay! Congrats on the win!
Posted: Friday, April 5, 2013 4:38:31 PM
Comment by ThingsYouRealize

Thanks Pattie! :) I saw that winners get a chance to be a featured writer--how does that work?
Posted: Friday, April 5, 2013 6:00:49 PM

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for married couples without kids that allows people the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays about marriage and relationships in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Explore our blogging contests for married couples, statistics about marriage, quotes about marriage, videos about marriage, and other resources about married life here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Creative Writing and Language Arts Resources.