THE COOKIE MILKSHAKE

Nadalee
How would you like to combine 2 of the BEST treats on earth, to create a BRAND NEW treat your whole family will love?

Well! Allow me to tell you about THE COOKIE MILKSHAKE...my very own invention.

And no, NO cookies were harmed in the making of this fabulous concoction.

This milkshake doesn't actually CONTAIN real cookies (because hey, that would be sort of gross...soggy wet cookie pieces...NOOOO)! This milkshake just TASTES like a cookie.

Here is how I got the idea for The Cookie Milkshake. I was in my kitchen one day, desperately wanting to recreate Horchata - that delicious Mexican drink that is made with rice, and well...sort of taste like a cookie!

Horchata has cinammon and nutmeg in it...and vanilla...alas, I did not quite know how to do the rice part.

So I said to myself, "Okay, why not just make it TASTE like Horchata, then, without the rice?" And thus, The Cookie Milkshake was born!

So, here is what you need to make The Cookie Milkshake:

Milk
Vanilla Extract
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Ginger
Sugar
Either Ice cubes or Vanilla Ice-cream (that's best!)
Whipped Cream (optional)

Once you assemble all the ingredients, it's simple; just dump in, no exact measurements needed! Pour in some milk; scoop in some vanilla ice-cream, dribble in some vanilla extract, spoon in some sugar...

now go EASY on the spices...just sprinkle in a TINY AMOUNT...it's very easy to overdo on spicing,and you do NOT want to overdo - you just want a subtle suggestion of taste...

now dump in a tray of ice (if you are BOO-HOO without ice-cream), and push GRIND, BLEND, MIX, ETC....

Now you will experience the most DELICIOUS, FROTHY VANILLY CONCOCTION ON EARTH! Add a dollop of whipped cream on top, if you like. Warning: Your kids will beg you for this ALL THE TIME! But you won't mind making it, because you will want it all the time, yourself!
Comment by ElleoftheBall

YUM! THANKS FOR SHARING :)
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2012 9:57:45 PM

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for married couples without kids that allows people the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays about marriage and relationships in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Explore our blogging contests for married couples, statistics about marriage, quotes about marriage, videos about marriage, and other resources about married life here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Creative Writing and Language Arts Resources.