The Secret to Happiness: Family Tranquility

sistergoldjack
Imagine a lake created by the run off of a glacier, surrounded by cliffs on three sides, waiting for some adventurous soul to dive right in to the freezing depths. The lake is lined with pine trees and bird song, sunshine and peace, this is pure happiness. The air is clean and fresh, it’s a hot day, perfect for taking a swim.
The lake is located in a tiny valley accessible only to hikers, up three hills and past two marshes, on a well beaten path, you deserve to play. Your first sight of the glacier lake consists of a fallen pine tree with perfectly preserved branches just peaking out under the surface of the water, creating a bridge over the stream run off from this beautiful scene.
It’s the perfect place to take a break, just clear your mind and relax, the rocks surrounding the water are warmed by the sun and close enough to allow you to stick your tired feet in the water, you can feel the soft branches of the fallen pines under your feet. It is a wonderful sanctuary allowing you to forget your cares, let the be soothed away by the tranquility of your surroundings.
When you’re ready walk across the make shift bridge, up the cliff to a tree, with a rope swing...
Now imagine your teenage nephew forgetting to let go of the rope and hurtling straight towards you!
Comment by MariaHarmon

wow, so romantic and beautiful)
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2018 5:03:46 PM

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for married couples without kids that allows people the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays about marriage and relationships in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Explore our blogging contests for married couples, statistics about marriage, quotes about marriage, videos about marriage, and other resources about married life here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Creative Writing and Language Arts Resources.