Questions and Stories about Having a Wedding

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that those planning a wedding have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a wedding story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Wedding Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Wellness & Health

Hey! My name is Sara and I am planning a wedding that is a little less than 5 months away. Talk about stressful? Well, not really. I have an awesome support system that has helped me along this journey. I also have a blog that focuses on faith, design and inspiration.

What is the key to happiness? A positive lifestyle: Embracing positivity and remembering that at the end of the day… everything is going to be okay! Every morning when I wake up I think of 10 things that I am thankfu

Carrie is my younger sister but also my best friend. We weren't as close until high school when we were in the same dance class and youth group at church. Before that, Carrie was considered the "good child". I was always the troublemaker getting punished. Carrie was a momma's girl, always loving to snuggle or make up funny handshakes with her, which made me secretly jealous.

When Carrie was in second grade, she started complaining of stomach pain. My parents took her to many doctors

When I think of weddings, I think of delicious cakes and finger food and expensive plates with small portions of food (assuming you can see your food from underneath the large center pieces). I wouldn't imagine ever cooking for my own wedding, there's just so much going on that cooking shouldn't be the bride or groom's responsibility. But maybe, if you need an idea or two of what to serve, this post can help you out!

So, if you're doing finger food, I don't think you'll want anything

In the United States, there is a great deal of importance placed on wedding days. And the more emphasis there is on the executing a grand event, the more pressure that exists for those who are planning said wedding. With the recent explosion in the wedding business (experts estimate it is worth over ten billion dollars per year) has come a greater stress to create the perfect day.

This has led to post-nuptial depression – a condition suffered by women of all ages in the day

It is hard to say when everything started to unravel. I got home to Santa Cruz California to plan my wedding on June 4th, 2011. It was going to take place at this private waterfall where no one has gotten married before. Everything was going smoothly except for my health. It was eight days before the wedding when the doctor said I was having a colitis flare up due to all the stress. I was diagnosed with ulcer colitis when I was twelve, but haven’t had a flare up or been on medication for the pa

Weddings are beyond overrated in my eyes. Could it be because it costs so much to have one when a good percentage of marriages nowadays end in divorce anyway? Or maybe it's the fact that when one throws a wedding the people that show up, unless actually in the ceremony, are usually unknown by the new happy couple? Maybe it's a mix of the two, I don't know for sure. Personally speaking, I've never even been to a wedding. Not my sister's, not my aunt's (which was scheduled purposely one week

I was all excited to visit my boyfriend who had recently come back from Iraq. My suitcase was packed, but I stopped at the doctor to change my allergy meds the day before I left. While I was there the doctor noticed my glands seemed swollen. Odd, I felt great. He checked my throat and stepped back asking if I had been around anyone with strep recently. I almost fainted. He did a blood test and it showed I had mono. I was going to cancel my trip, but the doctor thought I should go seeing a

This is a quick little piece of advice to all you soon-to-be brides out there...

Have a heart-to-heart with your parents about financial expectations verses reality when it comes to paying for your wedding. Talking plainly with them before you start your planning will save a lot of tears.

Let me explain...

I have a daughter, in her mid-20s, who will be getting married this summer. By cultural protocol, as you all know, the bride's family "typically" pays for