Questions and Stories about Having a Wedding

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that those planning a wedding have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a wedding story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Wedding Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Travel

After an out of town trip (6 hours there, 6 hours back) and after an argument with my husband, he let me know that our 12 year old son and I will not be going with him to his best friends wedding 8 hours away because the trip is too long and plane tickets for the three of us will be too expensive. I do not think this is okay and the delivery and timing of the message is suspect. I feel devastated! Is this acceptable? (We have been married 15 years)

The new year is well under way and Christmas is all but a distant memory, which means only one thing: Valentine’s Day is almost upon us once more. That’s right, the day for lovers hits again on 14th February and couples the world over are hoping to celebrate in style. If you’re struggling for a way to say I love you like never before, why not take the plunge and book a romantic getaway for two? Here are the best destinations that all starcrossed lovers are sure to enjoy.

Approximately 5,918 couples are married in the U.S. daily (2005 survey). Of that amount, on average 330 of those couples said their vows in the center of the entertainment capital of the world: Las Vegas, NV. One of those 2005 couples stood out amongst the rest.

The story begins with Dr. Damon DeBois and Nichelle Coleman*. The two had been dating for almost two years, but Damon said he was traditional and he didn't feel right about living with a woman before marr

I'm looking for ideas on where to have my honeymoon? Any suggestions? Where did you have yours? What was the best thing about the location?

My financee/boyfriend and I want to have a destination wedding.

However...because of the location and travel needed to get there, my father won't be able to attend.

He's always wanted to walk me down the aisle but he says he's okay with that because he just wants me happy. Honestly, I REALLY want to have my wedding at this particular location (it's been my dream) but I can't seem to shake the guilt of not having my Dad a part of it. What would you do?