Questions and Stories about Having a Wedding

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that those planning a wedding have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a wedding story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Wedding Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Social Etiquette

After an out of town trip (6 hours there, 6 hours back) and after an argument with my husband, he let me know that our 12 year old son and I will not be going with him to his best friends wedding 8 hours away because the trip is too long and plane tickets for the three of us will be too expensive. I do not think this is okay and the delivery and timing of the message is suspect. I feel devastated! Is this acceptable? (We have been married 15 years)

Your wedding can be the greatest day of your life, so what do you need to do to make it really great? Have you been searching trends and ideas on wedding blogs and social networks? Why not? Because for a while, planning your wedding may become your second or full-time job. Why? Because everything should be just perfect. You should understand that to have one really

With the rising trend in destination weddings, people have started using overseas wedding photography services. The best way a couple can remember and cherish their pre wedding moments and the wedding day celebration is by the medium of photographs.

Photographs last a lifetime and More

It is the best gift that they can give to each other which can be passed on to the next generation too, who will love to see their parents or grandparent getting married at their ha

Recently I was asked to help coordinate a wedding for friends of mine. I was also an invited guest, which made for a full afternoon and evening of celebration. As most readers know, I am somewhat of a traditionalist when it comes to protocol and etiquette. However, a wedding is one area where flexibility is much more the rule than the exception.

I very much enjoyed my time at this wedding, most of all because when I departed for the night, I had a warm feeling that this union would l

My husband and I have been married 20 years and we have a 17 year old son. We have always been active in his daughters life but she never lived with us. She and her mom and I have always been cordial but never close. I have always supported a relationship between her and my husband and her little brother(my son). She is now 30 and planning her wedding. There has always been uncomfortableness at family gatherings because I was seen as the reason hubby and ex never reunited(they were never marrie

My brother has finally decided to make changes in his life and move country in order to find a job and be closer to his girlfriend. It's a big step for him and I want to support him and make him feel happy in his decisions. The problem that i'm having is that my boyfriend is constantly bringing up small things that are annoying him about my brother and I believe them to be pretty insignificant. He's obsessed with my brother staying up later than us (we go to bed at 10 as we get up early) and wa

Fall weddings can be absolutely beautiful.

The hustle and bustle of summer has relaxed into a season of gratitude for the bounty of the harvest. This easily translates into the bounty of close friends and family with whom many of us want to celebrate one of the most important days of our lives. Decorating with beautiful autumn colors, pumpkins, decorative gourds, and fall flowers such as Asters and Zinnias can make a beautiful seasonally colorful backdrop to your important day.

My hands are clammy. I sense the ivory fabric of my corset clamp down my breathing. The car window is open a crack for me to breathe in the recently mowed lawn of the park. White chairs are set up in the grass, forming an aisle of tension I would walk. The driver’s door slams shut but I don’t stare up. I’m focused, focused on the sweat on my palms. My dress isn't a solution for wiping- not with the beaded lace covering it like a frail spider web.

Then there’s the Ford Model A’s se

This month I want to discuss thank you notes. In this age of high-speed communication, we are always looking for ways to economize our time. One way we think might be helpful is to use social media, emails, or texting to thank people for the gifts they have bestowed upon us to celebrate our nuptials. To be clear, this is neither appropriate nor acceptable.

Thank you notes should be handwritten. Sadly, handwriting is a skill no longer taught in many schools. This is a travesty becaus

Many couples want to celebrate their big day by giving their guests a gift to remember the occasion. This generous gesture signifies the gratitude they have for those who attended the wedding as well as the thanks they feel for their marriage to one another. The originality of these tokens can range from something as simple as a place card holder to a bottle of homemade wine or another personally crafted gift.
Remember it is not the gift as much as the gesture that people will remember.