Questions and Stories about Having a Wedding

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that those planning a wedding have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a wedding story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Wedding Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Relationships

My boyfriend of 5 years is thinking about proposing to me soon, but him and myself love my mom, but aren't the biggest fan of her. He mentioned that he didn't want my mom there when he proposes, but my sister will be there, and his parents that we are super close will be there too. My older sister is 6 years older than me, and when my parents split when I was really young, she kind of took a motherly like roll to me and my other siblings. I always felt way closer to my sister than my mom. She h

Hey! My name is Sara and I am planning a wedding that is a little less than 5 months away. Talk about stressful? Well, not really. I have an awesome support system that has helped me along this journey. I also have a blog that focuses on faith, design and inspiration.

What is the key to happiness? A positive lifestyle: Embracing positivity and remembering that at the end of the day… everything is going to be okay! Every morning when I wake up I think of 10 things that I am thankfu

After an out of town trip (6 hours there, 6 hours back) and after an argument with my husband, he let me know that our 12 year old son and I will not be going with him to his best friends wedding 8 hours away because the trip is too long and plane tickets for the three of us will be too expensive. I do not think this is okay and the delivery and timing of the message is suspect. I feel devastated! Is this acceptable? (We have been married 15 years)

As the wedding season approaches this part of the world, things cease to remain same and much of our free time is consumed in deciding gifts for the weddings and buying clothes for ourselves. In India, this sacred bond between two people is more than just about the nuptial rituals; more about the work of weeding decorators. The grand ceremonies have everything to offer that a beholder of this holiest of bondage could ever ask for: flowers, cars, lights, music, dance, cameras, flashes, rockets;

Your wedding can be the greatest day of your life, so what do you need to do to make it really great? Have you been searching trends and ideas on wedding blogs and social networks? Why not? Because for a while, planning your wedding may become your second or full-time job. Why? Because everything should be just perfect. You should understand that to have one really

The best way to plan a perfect wedding is to plan the wedding banquet, designers for the clothes and the wedding photography services who will be the best to bring out the essence of love in the wedding preparations to perfection! Planned weddings are becoming very popular at present, as more and more people prefer them over the frivolous expenses in an unplanned one.

Two of my closest male friends married this past weekend here in beautiful Saint Andrews By-the-Sea. It was my distinct honour to be Master of Ceremonies at one of the most spectacular and beautiful celebrations of marriage one could ever imagine. There was a gigantic beautifully decorated tent, 200 guests from far and wide dressed to the nines in black tie and stunning dresses, delicious food, a 21-piece big band, perfect weather and an outpouring of love and friendship.

This much-

January 1, 2015, marked 21st of our wedding anniversary. On that day, I promised to go forward without looking back, prepared to face the rigors of marriage and settle as a responsible man. Before then finding or choosing the right woman to be my future partner was like a nightmare, taking into consideration the number of people getting divorce everyday after tying the knot.

Yes! It’s very common to see hundreds of couples at wedding ceremonies, particularly on Sundays, making vows

Once upon a time, there was a bride and a groom. The groom was wise enough to celebrate his bachelor party a couple of weeks before the wedding, but the bride was careless enough to have hers right on the eve of the celebration. It’s good she did though – there would have been no wedding story without it.

So, the bachelorette party had all traditional components – a ske

“Pick a song we can dance to at the wedding,” my soon-to-be-married son Spike instructed me. “Keep it short.”
My unenthusiastic response, “OK.” I had always assumed my child would love to pick that song himself--to show how much our relationship meant to him.
“One more reason to feel left out of this whole wedding,” I grumbled to myself.
Mothers of sons know what to expect if/when their sons find a bride. Thirty years ago, my brother’s wife told my mom to “wea