Questions and Stories about Having a Wedding

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that those planning a wedding have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a wedding story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Wedding Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Money

Weddings are celebrations of love and joy. You can’t help but believe this universal fact instinctively, until you start planning a wedding for yourself, siblings, or children, and face the thought of the exuberant expenses that lie in its wake.

Loans have always helped individuals conveniently achieve goals like receiving an education or buying a dream home, a cool bike, or state-of-the-art electronic gadgets; marriage loans or wedding loans bring those same benefits to you. With a

One's wedding is a day to remember for a lifetime. It is said to be the most important day. Wedding planning is a tedious yet fun time for the whole family. Different members take charge of different functions such as transport, lodging, venue, catering etc. Guest entertainment is of utmost importance too.

The factor that matters the most is the cost. Everything boils down to it. Nobody wants to compromise on cost for such an important day. Thankfully, there are many easy to obtain p

So your loved one has just proposed to you. The future is looking bright and rosy, you are thinking about your future you will have together… once you have completed your studies. Is it possible?

If you are studying and you still want to marry the love of your life, don’t panic! It is possible! Juggling the textbooks with the restraints of a budget can still allow you to have a dream wedding; you just need a little bit of imagination. At the end of the day you are marrying someone w

This weekend, I attended a breath-taking wedding in Pennsylvania. I wasn’t sure what to expect since the last wedding I attended was decades ago and I can barely remember much, but this one will be very difficult to forget.

As I walked through the cobblestone alleyway to get to the door, I held my date’s arm in hopes that I wouldn’t be the first guest to wipe out in these heals. We entered through the double doors into a room of eagerness and anticipation, all wrapped up into beautif

Hello All,

Stage of Life is proud to announce its latest endeavor - the development of the first mobile storytelling game! For the last three months, we have been putting our creative efforts into drafting Writing Race, a multiplayer story writing game for Apple iPhone where friends will collaboratively (or competitively) write a story together using their mobile phone.

Our idea to expand Stage of Life’s literacy initiative to the mobile realm began as some scribbling on

My parents raised me to be thrifty with money, so in my pre-wedding planning stages I've been looking for reliable wedding cost calculators. I found one from ProjectWedding.com. This is the link: http://www.projectwedding.com/cost-calculator.

What I like about this calculator is that you can enter your number of guests, budget, and your zip code for comparison costs. Then the calculator breaks down each cost for you based on your budget, and the "average" budget in your zip code. My

As the title reads, I am newly engaged (and super excited to start wedding planning)! My fiance (weird to write) and I are planning for a late June 2013 wedding... so we still have some time.

I'm just curious to see what the average cost of weddings nowadays is. Google tells me that it is anywhere between $25,000-50,000. That is a semester in college; a new car; a down payment on a house. My friend's wedding cost him $7,000. (I bet him I could go cheaper; he laughed.) So, what is mo

Weddings are beyond overrated in my eyes. Could it be because it costs so much to have one when a good percentage of marriages nowadays end in divorce anyway? Or maybe it's the fact that when one throws a wedding the people that show up, unless actually in the ceremony, are usually unknown by the new happy couple? Maybe it's a mix of the two, I don't know for sure. Personally speaking, I've never even been to a wedding. Not my sister's, not my aunt's (which was scheduled purposely one week

Pretty much all the couples we work with are thinking about price these days, even the ones who are blessed enough to be working with an above average budget. I'm seeing a lot more do it yourself projects, cutting back in decor and flowers, and putting more focus on meaning and personalization.

How are you dealing with the stresses of staying on budget for your wedding in this economy?

I'm looking for ideas on where to have my honeymoon? Any suggestions? Where did you have yours? What was the best thing about the location?