Questions and Stories about Having a Wedding

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that those planning a wedding have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a wedding story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Wedding Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: I Need a Change

My Love For You (part 3)

As I promised, today I am going to narrate how that summer when I met my girlfriend (now my wife) came to an end and something unexpected happened.

As I said in my previous stories that year I ended my schooling and decided to find a job till I decided what I was going to do. My wish was to become a teacher but to do that I had to go to college which meant a couple of years without money in my pockets. I wished for so many things that several of

Nothing is more detrimental than no help in planning a wedding. Which in my case, is exactly what's happening. My 'legal' wedding is set for All Hallows Eve 2014. And am I getting any kind of help from either family? Of course not. My own mother doesn't even believe I'm getting married. On the bright side, at least my future husband goes along with my ideas. I have to do all the planning, even putting in my own engagement announcement in the paper. But you know what's most irritating out of it

In the United States, there is a great deal of importance placed on wedding days. And the more emphasis there is on the executing a grand event, the more pressure that exists for those who are planning said wedding. With the recent explosion in the wedding business (experts estimate it is worth over ten billion dollars per year) has come a greater stress to create the perfect day.

This has led to post-nuptial depression – a condition suffered by women of all ages in the day

I wonder about my marriage;
Will it be as melodious as the birds chirping to their mates,
Or will it be like a king and queen riding in a carriage?

Will it be arranged like the old days,
where parents choose the mate,
while the son is going craze?

Or will it be a love one, with roses sweeping across the air,
when even love’s name makes one tingle with pleasure,
and love-struck eyes meet in an endless stare?

Will it be as ferocious

How To Plan A Stress Free Bridal Shower

If you are the person planning the bridal shower you may be feeling stressed but there is no need. This can be one of the most exciting things you have ever done and you will be part of bringing joy to the bride as well as the guests who are more than happy to attend and bring a gift for her. Here are some tips to help make the planning less stressful.

When you are planning a bridal shower one of the most important things to consider

Marketing Ideas - Wedding Photography Business 2.0

"My wedding photography business is failing!"

That was what I was thinking just over a year ago. I was stuck in a rut, doing the same old marketing techniques that I had been doing for years. The same ones that almost every other wedding photographer in my area was doing.

The problem was that my prospects were becoming numb to the same tricks over and over. On top of that, I was getting older, and engaged couple

Planning Beautiful Tropical Destination Weddings

Getting married in on the beach in a lush tropical resort is a dream come true for many brides, and one reason why tropical destination weddings are enjoying such a surge of popularity.

From the beaches of Florida and California to exotic locales like Belize and Costa Rica, it seems that destination weddings to tropical resort locations have never been more popular than they are today.

Coming Up With Great Destina

Giving a Maid Of Honor Speech - Simple Tips You Can Use Right Now!

One of the, if not the most important duties of the maid of honor is to give the maid of honor speech. This speech is a big part of the wedding ceremony and usually happens within the first half of the wedding reception before people leave, so you will no doubt have a full crowd when giving your speech.

While the best man's speech is equally important, he will focus more on the groom then on the bride, so i

Wedding Flowers And Stress: A Solution

What is the biggest stress women face while planning their wedding?

According to a survey done last year, the biggest challenge (read stress) women face when planning their wedding is the fear of going over their budget. No matter if they are planning a small wedding, or a big bash, brides-to-be know how easy it is to get carried away adding little extras, or how last minute changes or substitutions that can break the bank.

Renting a Projector For a Slideshow at a Wedding

A very popular idea to use at a wedding these days is having a slideshow for the guest's entertainment. Of course the slideshow is focused on the couple to be married. It is a sentimental gesture that is sure to leave everyone who is attending your wedding in stitches and in tears.

More than likely you will have to rent a projector for the show. You can find these at any audio/video store. They shouldn't be too expensive to