Questions and Stories about Having a Wedding

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that those planning a wedding have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a wedding story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Wedding Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Family

After an out of town trip (6 hours there, 6 hours back) and after an argument with my husband, he let me know that our 12 year old son and I will not be going with him to his best friends wedding 8 hours away because the trip is too long and plane tickets for the three of us will be too expensive. I do not think this is okay and the delivery and timing of the message is suspect. I feel devastated! Is this acceptable? (We have been married 15 years)

Carrie is my younger sister but also my best friend. We weren't as close until high school when we were in the same dance class and youth group at church. Before that, Carrie was considered the "good child". I was always the troublemaker getting punished. Carrie was a momma's girl, always loving to snuggle or make up funny handshakes with her, which made me secretly jealous.

When Carrie was in second grade, she started complaining of stomach pain. My parents took her to many doctors

I've been friends with my sister in law since junior high school. Her husband left her for a wealthy women and changed his career in a way so that he did not need to pay child or spousal support. For years my sister in law would sit in my home crying and worried how she would support her kids. I attended multiple court dates with her through out. During those years she would have some drama with the new wife. The kids are adults now and one is getting married. Recently my sister in law has been

I have been looking forward and ahead toward bringing my bride home,I
couldn't wait for the wedding day to come,but at last it came like a
running hare.On that day i could still remember what i did and what i faced,firstly i got myself dressed up,secondly gift were packed into the cars,then lastly we drove to the event venue,I would have met my bride there but unfortunately for me, she wasn't there.
The weeding will commerce soon``the pastor said.
Then what could be wrong

My hands are clammy. I sense the ivory fabric of my corset clamp down my breathing. The car window is open a crack for me to breathe in the recently mowed lawn of the park. White chairs are set up in the grass, forming an aisle of tension I would walk. The driver’s door slams shut but I don’t stare up. I’m focused, focused on the sweat on my palms. My dress isn't a solution for wiping- not with the beaded lace covering it like a frail spider web.

Then there’s the Ford Model A’s se

So I did it. After a year of agonizing over every little detail, my dad walked me down the aisle and I married my high school sweetheart.

All I can say is: whoa!

Those close to me know I've spent the last few months in wedding planning frenzy (read: anxiety). I wish I could go back in time and tell myself to relax! Everything went perfectly and it was such a fun party. It was so great to see all of our friends and family laughing and dancing together. I expected some peopl

At this point in my life I feel like everybody around me is getting engaged and making wedding plans. Every time I turn around, it seems like someone else is on bended knee, proposing. Personally, I have not actually been to many weddings yet (though I foresee that changing in the future), but it seems like an awful lot of trouble based on what TV shows have taught me. But we all know those can be overdramatic and I wanted to get a better understanding of what the whole engagement/wedding plann

My grandmother, Betty Jane Baker Randolph, or “Nan Nan” as I know her, was born in Haleyville, Alabama. She lived with her mother, father, although her father died when she was only 13 months old, and her two older brothers. She has been a hard working woman all her life, I have never once heard her complain about a situation she has been in or complain about having to work even when it was a result of someone else’s lack of motivation. I have never once heard her say a foul word or something

Mommy, you and I have always been close, just as you and your mother were always close. We have similar interests, enjoy similar activities, and think alike. We also apparently look alike, too -- complete strangers regularly tell us that we're clearly related.

So it was only natural for us to talk about relationships. Even when I was in middle school, you started sharing with me the lessons you'd learned throughout high school, college, and your marriage with my Daddy. You told me to

My older sister, bless her heart, got engaged to her now fiance in November, and has set the wedding date to some time in 2015.

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited for my sister because she's about to embark on this huge journey in her life with her fiance, and it's an exciting time for everyone involved. However, in being an outsider, I can see certain problems.

My sister is 24 and still lives at home. She acknowledges that she can't afford to live on her own (and her