Questions and Stories about Having a Wedding

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that those planning a wedding have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a wedding story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Wedding Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Ethical Dilemmas

What is the etiquette surrounding postponing nuptials? If the wedding date must be changed (not cancelled), by all means plan to send out a card as quickly as possible to let invited guests know of this change. It should be mailed on the same card stock and in the same typeface if at all possible. Alternatively, telephone calls or emails will suffice. This postponement is not a time to change the guest list or the venue for the reception, unless the venue must be changed for obvious reasons. If

My Love For You (part 3)

As I promised, today I am going to narrate how that summer when I met my girlfriend (now my wife) came to an end and something unexpected happened.

As I said in my previous stories that year I ended my schooling and decided to find a job till I decided what I was going to do. My wish was to become a teacher but to do that I had to go to college which meant a couple of years without money in my pockets. I wished for so many things that several of

I have a huge issue about my wedding. I'm getting married in three years, maybe two it's up in the air. But the problem is my hubby's family lives in Illinois. My family lives in Pennsylvania. How in the world are we able to pick a place to get married so both families can attend? And also we are a Pagan couple. Does anyone know a pagan legally ordained person to marry us legally?

Nothing is more detrimental than no help in planning a wedding. Which in my case, is exactly what's happening. My 'legal' wedding is set for All Hallows Eve 2014. And am I getting any kind of help from either family? Of course not. My own mother doesn't even believe I'm getting married. On the bright side, at least my future husband goes along with my ideas. I have to do all the planning, even putting in my own engagement announcement in the paper. But you know what's most irritating out of it

When brides-to-be watch a wedding show such as "Say Yes To the Dress" or even something like "Bridezillas" they get a false sense that wither everything in their wedding will go right, or will fall to pieces before their eyes. In "Say Yes", nearly every bride finds "the dress" with the exception that the dress is thousands of dollars out of her budget. Normally, one of these shows ends in the bride's mother/father agreeing to pay more than previously decided. When a bride in the 'real' world s

Before I get to the heart of the essay, I should preface my thoughts by saying that I’m an atheist. This does not mean, however, that I’m intolerant of other peoples’ beliefs or traditions.

This weekend, two friends of mine were married in Sleepy Hollow, NY. The ceremony took place in the oldest church in town (circa 1600’s, or some the groomsmen—and the lack of indoor plumbing—told me), complete with the largest cemetery I think I have ever seen/wandered through. It was a chilly Oc

Two people that found not only love but a best friend and roll dog as well. We met the way every cute couple meets.. Myspace...well maybe not every couple. Neither one of us is the type that hunts for love on the Internet but i guess that are best friends were. One day, my girlfriend told me she really wanted to meet some cute guy she met online. I said do it,being the spontaneous one I am and she said she needed a ride. Bummer I thought,but I have been a good girl lately ( which is totally ou

There have been two weddings I have attended that had extremely memorable moments… I’m about to celebrate my own wedding in just a couple of weeks, so I’m hoping that neither of these two events happen on my own big day… knock on wood. Though, God willing, I’m sure something will go wrong, in the event of which I need merely to smile, nod, and move on with the day… 85% of it will be sunshine and roses anyway, I’m sure!
So the first ‘unique thing’ would have to be when my dad made the groom

I don’t know about anyone else who has ever been married, but I can say that after going through nearly a year of preparations for my July 23rd wedding, many, many things have frightened me. Between gaining winter weight (how will the wedding dress fit?!) and finding shoes for my poor bridesmaids… fears have dominated my mind and have made me question every decision I’ve made thus far.

However, I’m happy to report that the one thing I have never questioned is the most important decis

Approximately 5,918 couples are married in the U.S. daily (2005 survey). Of that amount, on average 330 of those couples said their vows in the center of the entertainment capital of the world: Las Vegas, NV. One of those 2005 couples stood out amongst the rest.

The story begins with Dr. Damon DeBois and Nichelle Coleman*. The two had been dating for almost two years, but Damon said he was traditional and he didn't feel right about living with a woman before marr