Questions and Stories about Having a Wedding

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that those planning a wedding have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a wedding story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Wedding Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: General Questions

My older sister, bless her heart, got engaged to her now fiance in November, and has set the wedding date to some time in 2015.

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited for my sister because she's about to embark on this huge journey in her life with her fiance, and it's an exciting time for everyone involved. However, in being an outsider, I can see certain problems.

My sister is 24 and still lives at home. She acknowledges that she can't afford to live on her own (and her

OUR STORY
Marco Rodriguez & Alisa Reynoso
It's said that the chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time. Everything is determined, the beginning as well as the end, by forces which we cannot control.
On my first day of high school in 1989, I walked into my fourth period class at Morgan Park High School. It was data processing, and I was fairly sure that I had picked the wrong class, seeing that I was the only freshman in a sea of upperclassmen. I decided I would drop

Hello All,

Stage of Life is proud to announce its latest endeavor - the development of the first mobile storytelling game! For the last three months, we have been putting our creative efforts into drafting Writing Race, a multiplayer story writing game for Apple iPhone where friends will collaboratively (or competitively) write a story together using their mobile phone.

Our idea to expand Stage of Life’s literacy initiative to the mobile realm began as some scribbling on

My Love For You (part 3)

As I promised, today I am going to narrate how that summer when I met my girlfriend (now my wife) came to an end and something unexpected happened.

As I said in my previous stories that year I ended my schooling and decided to find a job till I decided what I was going to do. My wish was to become a teacher but to do that I had to go to college which meant a couple of years without money in my pockets. I wished for so many things that several of

I have a huge issue about my wedding. I'm getting married in three years, maybe two it's up in the air. But the problem is my hubby's family lives in Illinois. My family lives in Pennsylvania. How in the world are we able to pick a place to get married so both families can attend? And also we are a Pagan couple. Does anyone know a pagan legally ordained person to marry us legally?

Nothing is more detrimental than no help in planning a wedding. Which in my case, is exactly what's happening. My 'legal' wedding is set for All Hallows Eve 2014. And am I getting any kind of help from either family? Of course not. My own mother doesn't even believe I'm getting married. On the bright side, at least my future husband goes along with my ideas. I have to do all the planning, even putting in my own engagement announcement in the paper. But you know what's most irritating out of it

I close my eyes and daydream what my wedding will one day be like.

What dress will I wear?
Mini, medium short, or the elegantly long
What color will it be?
Pink, lavender, or the classic white
What fabric will it be?
Silk, chiffon, or the beautiful lace
Where will my wedding be?
Ballroom, church, or the private garden
When will my wedding be?
Summer, fall, or the snowy winter
What kind of ring will I have?
Sapphire, ruby, or

I wonder about my marriage;
Will it be as melodious as the birds chirping to their mates,
Or will it be like a king and queen riding in a carriage?

Will it be arranged like the old days,
where parents choose the mate,
while the son is going craze?

Or will it be a love one, with roses sweeping across the air,
when even love’s name makes one tingle with pleasure,
and love-struck eyes meet in an endless stare?

Will it be as ferocious

When brides-to-be watch a wedding show such as "Say Yes To the Dress" or even something like "Bridezillas" they get a false sense that wither everything in their wedding will go right, or will fall to pieces before their eyes. In "Say Yes", nearly every bride finds "the dress" with the exception that the dress is thousands of dollars out of her budget. Normally, one of these shows ends in the bride's mother/father agreeing to pay more than previously decided. When a bride in the 'real' world s

Some Tips For Finding The Highest Quality Autumn Wedding Decorations

Finding the perfect autumn wedding decorations can be one of the hardest parts of planning a fall wedding, but it is important to give this decision the time and the care that it deserves.

Finding the perfect decorations can set the tone for the wedding, so it is important that the decorations you choose be of the highest possible quality.

Make Sure The Decorations Match The Theme Of The Autumn

<<Prev  2 of 6    Next>>