Questions and Stories about Having a Wedding

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that those planning a wedding have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a wedding story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Wedding Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: General Questions

After an out of town trip (6 hours there, 6 hours back) and after an argument with my husband, he let me know that our 12 year old son and I will not be going with him to his best friends wedding 8 hours away because the trip is too long and plane tickets for the three of us will be too expensive. I do not think this is okay and the delivery and timing of the message is suspect. I feel devastated! Is this acceptable? (We have been married 15 years)

Your wedding can be the greatest day of your life, so what do you need to do to make it really great? Have you been searching trends and ideas on wedding blogs and social networks? Why not? Because for a while, planning your wedding may become your second or full-time job. Why? Because everything should be just perfect. You should understand that to have one really

This year, wedding dresses have seen a lot of updates and new designs. Incorporating feathers, floral prints, and pastel colors, the latest trends in wedding gowns feature unique and fresh styling. Inspired by Kate Middleton’s wedding look, long sleeved wedding gowns are making a come-back by utilizing gossamer sheer or lace sleeves with lace, sequins, intricate beading, or elegant embroidery. Off shoulder styles are another fresh look coming off runways, as well as low backed gowns with artful

The best way to plan a perfect wedding is to plan the wedding banquet, designers for the clothes and the wedding photography services who will be the best to bring out the essence of love in the wedding preparations to perfection! Planned weddings are becoming very popular at present, as more and more people prefer them over the frivolous expenses in an unplanned one.

Recently I was asked to help coordinate a wedding for friends of mine. I was also an invited guest, which made for a full afternoon and evening of celebration. As most readers know, I am somewhat of a traditionalist when it comes to protocol and etiquette. However, a wedding is one area where flexibility is much more the rule than the exception.

I very much enjoyed my time at this wedding, most of all because when I departed for the night, I had a warm feeling that this union would l

An exquisite matrimony hits the season’s chart like nothing else. All the uncles and aunties get ready with the best sets of clothes and accessories for the season’s most awaited wedding and what dazzles the guests more than gold is the amazing food platter. Deciding between a buffet system and a sit-down meal can be confusing for most of us. So, here is a comparison between the two to make the choice easier for you-

1. Budget

Be a smart host and NEVER lose sight of your e

So I did it. After a year of agonizing over every little detail, my dad walked me down the aisle and I married my high school sweetheart.

All I can say is: whoa!

Those close to me know I've spent the last few months in wedding planning frenzy (read: anxiety). I wish I could go back in time and tell myself to relax! Everything went perfectly and it was such a fun party. It was so great to see all of our friends and family laughing and dancing together. I expected some peopl

Every girl dreams of a dashing man sweeping her off her feet and carrying her away into the sunset! So, why don’t you give your wife-to-be something along similar lines? Wedding car hire has been making dreams come true for ‘GUYS and GALS’ for many years now and you too can benefit from such services.

What is Up for Hire?

The choices for the wedding car rentals are too many to mention! You can choose from an expansive fleet of shiny and eye-catching 4-wheelers to make your

At this point in my life I feel like everybody around me is getting engaged and making wedding plans. Every time I turn around, it seems like someone else is on bended knee, proposing. Personally, I have not actually been to many weddings yet (though I foresee that changing in the future), but it seems like an awful lot of trouble based on what TV shows have taught me. But we all know those can be overdramatic and I wanted to get a better understanding of what the whole engagement/wedding plann

When I think of weddings, I think of delicious cakes and finger food and expensive plates with small portions of food (assuming you can see your food from underneath the large center pieces). I wouldn't imagine ever cooking for my own wedding, there's just so much going on that cooking shouldn't be the bride or groom's responsibility. But maybe, if you need an idea or two of what to serve, this post can help you out!

So, if you're doing finger food, I don't think you'll want anything