Questions and Stories about Having a Wedding

Listed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that those planning a wedding have asked, shared, or submitted as a response to our national writing contest. Topics range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. Do you have a wedding story to share about your experiences? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Wedding Questions and Stories

My boyfriend of 5 years is thinking about proposing to me soon, but him and myself love my mom, but aren't the biggest fan of her. He mentioned that he didn't want my mom there when he proposes, but my sister will be there, and his parents that we are super close will be there too. My older sister is 6 years older than me, and when my parents split when I was really young, she kind of took a motherly like roll to me and my other siblings. I always felt way closer to my sister than my mom. She h

Hey! My name is Sara and I am planning a wedding that is a little less than 5 months away. Talk about stressful? Well, not really. I have an awesome support system that has helped me along this journey. I also have a blog that focuses on faith, design and inspiration.

What is the key to happiness? A positive lifestyle: Embracing positivity and remembering that at the end of the day… everything is going to be okay! Every morning when I wake up I think of 10 things that I am thankfu

Weddings are celebrations of love and joy. You can’t help but believe this universal fact instinctively, until you start planning a wedding for yourself, siblings, or children, and face the thought of the exuberant expenses that lie in its wake.

Loans have always helped individuals conveniently achieve goals like receiving an education or buying a dream home, a cool bike, or state-of-the-art electronic gadgets; marriage loans or wedding loans bring those same benefits to you. With a

One's wedding is a day to remember for a lifetime. It is said to be the most important day. Wedding planning is a tedious yet fun time for the whole family. Different members take charge of different functions such as transport, lodging, venue, catering etc. Guest entertainment is of utmost importance too.

The factor that matters the most is the cost. Everything boils down to it. Nobody wants to compromise on cost for such an important day. Thankfully, there are many easy to obtain p

After an out of town trip (6 hours there, 6 hours back) and after an argument with my husband, he let me know that our 12 year old son and I will not be going with him to his best friends wedding 8 hours away because the trip is too long and plane tickets for the three of us will be too expensive. I do not think this is okay and the delivery and timing of the message is suspect. I feel devastated! Is this acceptable? (We have been married 15 years)

As the wedding season approaches this part of the world, things cease to remain same and much of our free time is consumed in deciding gifts for the weddings and buying clothes for ourselves. In India, this sacred bond between two people is more than just about the nuptial rituals; more about the work of weeding decorators. The grand ceremonies have everything to offer that a beholder of this holiest of bondage could ever ask for: flowers, cars, lights, music, dance, cameras, flashes, rockets;

Carrie is my younger sister but also my best friend. We weren't as close until high school when we were in the same dance class and youth group at church. Before that, Carrie was considered the "good child". I was always the troublemaker getting punished. Carrie was a momma's girl, always loving to snuggle or make up funny handshakes with her, which made me secretly jealous.

When Carrie was in second grade, she started complaining of stomach pain. My parents took her to many doctors

Your wedding can be the greatest day of your life, so what do you need to do to make it really great? Have you been searching trends and ideas on wedding blogs and social networks? Why not? Because for a while, planning your wedding may become your second or full-time job. Why? Because everything should be just perfect. You should understand that to have one really

This year, wedding dresses have seen a lot of updates and new designs. Incorporating feathers, floral prints, and pastel colors, the latest trends in wedding gowns feature unique and fresh styling. Inspired by Kate Middleton’s wedding look, long sleeved wedding gowns are making a come-back by utilizing gossamer sheer or lace sleeves with lace, sequins, intricate beading, or elegant embroidery. Off shoulder styles are another fresh look coming off runways, as well as low backed gowns with artful

The color of your wedding dress isn’t white? Aren't you going to wear veil? Your groom has seen the wedding dress before you walked up the aisle? Are you insane? Your marriage is doomed. This is a bride’s worst nightmare.
There are many wedding superstitions that may spoil the happiest day of your life and make even the most logical person believe that 'married in May will rue the day', as the old saying

The best way to plan a perfect wedding is to plan the wedding banquet, designers for the clothes and the wedding photography services who will be the best to bring out the essence of love in the wedding preparations to perfection! Planned weddings are becoming very popular at present, as more and more people prefer them over the frivolous expenses in an unplanned one.

Social networking sites and dating apps have come a long way in connecting people living thousand miles away. The idea of finding love online has become popular even in the deeply conservative nation like ours. Today, we do not have to face raised eyebrows on the mention of online dating, and these dating apps have become as common as matrimonial sites.

Online dating may be more frequent than the traditional concept of dating, and may not require much preparation as well. But an onli

With the rising trend in destination weddings, people have started using overseas wedding photography services. The best way a couple can remember and cherish their pre wedding moments and the wedding day celebration is by the medium of photographs.

Photographs last a lifetime and More

It is the best gift that they can give to each other which can be passed on to the next generation too, who will love to see their parents or grandparent getting married at their ha

Two of my closest male friends married this past weekend here in beautiful Saint Andrews By-the-Sea. It was my distinct honour to be Master of Ceremonies at one of the most spectacular and beautiful celebrations of marriage one could ever imagine. There was a gigantic beautifully decorated tent, 200 guests from far and wide dressed to the nines in black tie and stunning dresses, delicious food, a 21-piece big band, perfect weather and an outpouring of love and friendship.

This much-

January 1, 2015, marked 21st of our wedding anniversary. On that day, I promised to go forward without looking back, prepared to face the rigors of marriage and settle as a responsible man. Before then finding or choosing the right woman to be my future partner was like a nightmare, taking into consideration the number of people getting divorce everyday after tying the knot.

Yes! It’s very common to see hundreds of couples at wedding ceremonies, particularly on Sundays, making vows

Recently I was asked to help coordinate a wedding for friends of mine. I was also an invited guest, which made for a full afternoon and evening of celebration. As most readers know, I am somewhat of a traditionalist when it comes to protocol and etiquette. However, a wedding is one area where flexibility is much more the rule than the exception.

I very much enjoyed my time at this wedding, most of all because when I departed for the night, I had a warm feeling that this union would l

I've been friends with my sister in law since junior high school. Her husband left her for a wealthy women and changed his career in a way so that he did not need to pay child or spousal support. For years my sister in law would sit in my home crying and worried how she would support her kids. I attended multiple court dates with her through out. During those years she would have some drama with the new wife. The kids are adults now and one is getting married. Recently my sister in law has been

Once upon a time, there was a bride and a groom. The groom was wise enough to celebrate his bachelor party a couple of weeks before the wedding, but the bride was careless enough to have hers right on the eve of the celebration. It’s good she did though – there would have been no wedding story without it.

So, the bachelorette party had all traditional components – a ske

“Pick a song we can dance to at the wedding,” my soon-to-be-married son Spike instructed me. “Keep it short.”
My unenthusiastic response, “OK.” I had always assumed my child would love to pick that song himself--to show how much our relationship meant to him.
“One more reason to feel left out of this whole wedding,” I grumbled to myself.
Mothers of sons know what to expect if/when their sons find a bride. Thirty years ago, my brother’s wife told my mom to “wea

An exquisite matrimony hits the season’s chart like nothing else. All the uncles and aunties get ready with the best sets of clothes and accessories for the season’s most awaited wedding and what dazzles the guests more than gold is the amazing food platter. Deciding between a buffet system and a sit-down meal can be confusing for most of us. So, here is a comparison between the two to make the choice easier for you-

1. Budget

Be a smart host and NEVER lose sight of your e

There’s An App for That: Meant To Be Wedding
By Maria Solita Zaldivar-Guzman

Our wedding is almost 5 years in the making and with that, I have proven that the best things happen to those who hold a fervent hope in their hearts and wait patiently for it to happen.

Ours is not a conventional love story, having met on Facebook in 2010 and accidentally meeting in a bar one night. We became an official couple via SMS and in the same manner, he casually proposed to me

It happens pretty rarely that a groom is genuinely involved in the wedding planning process. Typically, grooms are asked not to dabble in and stand aside cakes, napkin and flower colors and other wedding decisions. How sad is that! In reality, family consultants believe that bride's and groom's tight collaboration in wedding planning makes their relation t

Nothing in life could have prepared me for love. It's selfless, ravishing, and completely spontaneous. One cannot simple look for it, for it finds you when you least expect it.
The night my life changed forever, was such a beautiful becoming. We took a long canoe ride down a peaceful river, stopping once for a picnic, and then my boyfriend cooked a delicious gourmet dinner for me in a tie. As I look across the kitchen at him, I realized that someday I would, without a doubt, want him to

My husband and I have been married 20 years and we have a 17 year old son. We have always been active in his daughters life but she never lived with us. She and her mom and I have always been cordial but never close. I have always supported a relationship between her and my husband and her little brother(my son). She is now 30 and planning her wedding. There has always been uncomfortableness at family gatherings because I was seen as the reason hubby and ex never reunited(they were never marrie

I have been looking forward and ahead toward bringing my bride home,I
couldn't wait for the wedding day to come,but at last it came like a
running hare.On that day i could still remember what i did and what i faced,firstly i got myself dressed up,secondly gift were packed into the cars,then lastly we drove to the event venue,I would have met my bride there but unfortunately for me, she wasn't there.
The weeding will commerce soon``the pastor said.
Then what could be wrong

He popped the question on his birthday. Valentines day to be exact. It was freezing but I didn't care. The love of my life had just asked me to be his wife. The next day all I could hear was "have you set a date?" . My answer was obviously no. Im just enjoying the moment. Of course I think about the perfect setting and the perfect day. It would be warm outside, a sunset and rose pedals on the ground. Not everything always goes as planned. I've excepted that no matter if it rains or snows it won

My brother has finally decided to make changes in his life and move country in order to find a job and be closer to his girlfriend. It's a big step for him and I want to support him and make him feel happy in his decisions. The problem that i'm having is that my boyfriend is constantly bringing up small things that are annoying him about my brother and I believe them to be pretty insignificant. He's obsessed with my brother staying up later than us (we go to bed at 10 as we get up early) and wa

Hi my name is Taneika and my fiancee name is Anthony, I'm applying for this give away for starters we have been struggling for some time now. I lost both of my brothers at an early age and the storms continue to come my way, we are truly in love and it's a match made in heaven. We have had our ups and downs but we continue to keep our faith and trust that the Lord makes no mistakes in this life. I am truly blessed to have found my king and him to find his queen, we really want our dream wedding

Fall weddings can be absolutely beautiful.

The hustle and bustle of summer has relaxed into a season of gratitude for the bounty of the harvest. This easily translates into the bounty of close friends and family with whom many of us want to celebrate one of the most important days of our lives. Decorating with beautiful autumn colors, pumpkins, decorative gourds, and fall flowers such as Asters and Zinnias can make a beautiful seasonally colorful backdrop to your important day.

My hands are clammy. I sense the ivory fabric of my corset clamp down my breathing. The car window is open a crack for me to breathe in the recently mowed lawn of the park. White chairs are set up in the grass, forming an aisle of tension I would walk. The driver’s door slams shut but I don’t stare up. I’m focused, focused on the sweat on my palms. My dress isn't a solution for wiping- not with the beaded lace covering it like a frail spider web.

Then there’s the Ford Model A’s se

So I did it. After a year of agonizing over every little detail, my dad walked me down the aisle and I married my high school sweetheart.

All I can say is: whoa!

Those close to me know I've spent the last few months in wedding planning frenzy (read: anxiety). I wish I could go back in time and tell myself to relax! Everything went perfectly and it was such a fun party. It was so great to see all of our friends and family laughing and dancing together. I expected some peopl

This month I want to discuss thank you notes. In this age of high-speed communication, we are always looking for ways to economize our time. One way we think might be helpful is to use social media, emails, or texting to thank people for the gifts they have bestowed upon us to celebrate our nuptials. To be clear, this is neither appropriate nor acceptable.

Thank you notes should be handwritten. Sadly, handwriting is a skill no longer taught in many schools. This is a travesty becaus

Many couples want to celebrate their big day by giving their guests a gift to remember the occasion. This generous gesture signifies the gratitude they have for those who attended the wedding as well as the thanks they feel for their marriage to one another. The originality of these tokens can range from something as simple as a place card holder to a bottle of homemade wine or another personally crafted gift.
Remember it is not the gift as much as the gesture that people will remember.

Weddings are a celebration if ever there was one! With almost all such celebrations, alcoholic beverages play a role. Barring the rare ‘dry’ wedding, champagne and open bars can become a major budgetary concern. Because of the high cost, some wedding hosts opt for a cash bar. Although this is a matter of personal choice, I think a cash bar at a private party is ill advised.

However, the subject of this essay is the tip jar. I have attended numerous weddings where the hosts cover all

I am writing this story in honor of one of my best friends who recently got engaged to get best friend! Her and I have been through the best and worst in life. There was a time when I had no address and she gave me hope. She gave me the determination to go back to college and get my degree.. Because of her constant faithful presence in my life I am now a nurse with a very promising future. I have a home and more then anything, I have a sister and best friend who I know I can always depend on an

Originality is one of the wishes many couples want for their wedding. From a traditionalist’s point of view, I advise keeping originality to a dull roar; however, I helped coordinate a wedding recently that left me wondering about my own limiting beliefs and how they may have influenced decisions I have made over the years when advising young couples about their wedding plans. So right up front, I freely admit, I stand corrected!

Here are a few details I had never considered.
A

My cousin is getting married July 14th and I am very excited! The official invitation arrived yesterday in the mail. They are both Penn State grads and hard core Nittany Lions fans, so of course their is no better location for their exchange of vows and reception than State College. They are college sweethearts and I can't wait for the occasion. From what they have shared so far the wedding is going to be very nontraditional and the bride is not wearing a white dress. I can't wait to see how ev

It all started when I went over to a friend’s house for a bbq on a Sunday night. My friend introduced me to everybody, but I only really noticed one person, Amanda, and I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. When I saw her, my eyes lit up and I'm sure I looked like a little kid in a candy shop. She was the most beautiful person I had ever seen in my life. The rest of the night I was glued by her side making small talk and making joke after joke just to hear her contagious laugh. After that ni

March came in like a lion and out pretty much the same way, with me having no good excuse for not contributing a column last month. This month of April however is a whole other matter. I am helping to coordinate a fairly large family wedding. By coordinate I mean being the etiquette cop to make sure the bridal party and invited guests get in and out of the venue in the right order, at the right time, and all smiling.

My family comprises many moving parts, as there are multiple sets o

What is the etiquette surrounding postponing nuptials? If the wedding date must be changed (not cancelled), by all means plan to send out a card as quickly as possible to let invited guests know of this change. It should be mailed on the same card stock and in the same typeface if at all possible. Alternatively, telephone calls or emails will suffice. This postponement is not a time to change the guest list or the venue for the reception, unless the venue must be changed for obvious reasons. If

If you're planning a wedding this year, the first port of call is to seek inspiration from the world of fashion, film and TV. Whether we do this to feel better about ourselves or if we do it because we love to revel in a world just out of our grasp; for whatever reason we love a celebrity wedding. What is more we love an over the top and ridiculously expensive celebrity wedding.

So after the royal weddings which non-member of the celeb royal family pulled out all the stops on their

The new year is well under way and Christmas is all but a distant memory, which means only one thing: Valentine’s Day is almost upon us once more. That’s right, the day for lovers hits again on 14th February and couples the world over are hoping to celebrate in style. If you’re struggling for a way to say I love you like never before, why not take the plunge and book a romantic getaway for two? Here are the best destinations that all starcrossed lovers are sure to enjoy.

Sitting in the middle of frigid temperatures and a storm warning, the idea of a lovely sun-filled day in the ideal place for your wedding may be quite a stretch. My research tells me that many couples decide to tie the knot over the Christmas season. Congratulations to all of you who have done just that!

Picking a summer venue in the middle of winter is challenging unless you’ve been making plans well in advance. This is not a bad time to make your bookings however, because this can

Every girl dreams of a dashing man sweeping her off her feet and carrying her away into the sunset! So, why don’t you give your wife-to-be something along similar lines? Wedding car hire has been making dreams come true for ‘GUYS and GALS’ for many years now and you too can benefit from such services.

What is Up for Hire?

The choices for the wedding car rentals are too many to mention! You can choose from an expansive fleet of shiny and eye-catching 4-wheelers to make your

At this point in my life I feel like everybody around me is getting engaged and making wedding plans. Every time I turn around, it seems like someone else is on bended knee, proposing. Personally, I have not actually been to many weddings yet (though I foresee that changing in the future), but it seems like an awful lot of trouble based on what TV shows have taught me. But we all know those can be overdramatic and I wanted to get a better understanding of what the whole engagement/wedding plann

Our story is a long one, it lasts 13 years, so I will have to start from the very beginning, as if it were a fairy tale story.

When I was 15, the act that caused all of this to fall into place, was when I failed math. To think, what I thought was the end of the world, (for a 16 year old, failing math was serious business) was actually the beginning of something spectacular. The boy I met in that class wasn't my future husband, but he was a key to the puzzle. It's starting to feel li

A chance of a lifetime! That’s how most of us look at weddings. We want ours to be perfect, original and fun. The only way this can possibly happen is with careful planning.

Obviously the more elaborate the wedding, the more planning is required. However, today’s weddings have become so expensive that in many cases big bashes have been replaced with smaller more intimate celebrations, with the money that might have been spent on the wedding now going toward a down payment on a house

I'll be the first to admit: I've been a bad bride.

I've spent most of my engagement (two years of it) worrying about spending money I don't have. I first wanted to spend $5k. This, of course, was laughable, unless I wanted to do something really small or elope. Thankfully, my fiance's parents stepped up and offered us $3k, which brings us up to a grand total of $8k.

Still not much, but it was workable.

Searching for a reasonable venue/menu quickly became dishear

Being engaged has been the most beautiful and stressful season of my life. My fiancé has been the most amazing support and is just as excited about planning a wedding as I am, which is not usual. But we quickly found out how much planning really comes with a wedding. We have been engaged for a month now. The first week or two we really jumped right in, wanting to get a little of every aspect nailed down. When the stress started to build up, we had to step back and evaluate our wedding planning

My first taste of weddings, in depth, was my best friend’s. She decided she was going to have the wedding of a lifetime, and she succeeded. It was truly something to remember. To embrace the culture of her groom and her own she had everything from Chinese dragon dancers to Mexican pastries. The lavish seven course dinner reception, the mariachi band, the chevron printed wedding cake all added up. By the time her wedding and honeymoon cruise were paid for they had spent every cent they had e

I have proof that even a great proposal can have little mishaps--mostly because unsuspecting brides like myself don't understand why their usually flexible partner is suddenly very inflexible. Allow me to explain.

My fiance, Kevin, and I had been together three years when we planned a Hawaiian vacation. The morning we left for Hawaii, I didn't sleep much and was quite tired. I told Kevin at least three times that day that I couldn't wait to get to Hawaii to take a nap. Kevin

My grandmother, Betty Jane Baker Randolph, or “Nan Nan” as I know her, was born in Haleyville, Alabama. She lived with her mother, father, although her father died when she was only 13 months old, and her two older brothers. She has been a hard working woman all her life, I have never once heard her complain about a situation she has been in or complain about having to work even when it was a result of someone else’s lack of motivation. I have never once heard her say a foul word or something

Mommy, you and I have always been close, just as you and your mother were always close. We have similar interests, enjoy similar activities, and think alike. We also apparently look alike, too -- complete strangers regularly tell us that we're clearly related.

So it was only natural for us to talk about relationships. Even when I was in middle school, you started sharing with me the lessons you'd learned throughout high school, college, and your marriage with my Daddy. You told me to

When I think of weddings, I think of delicious cakes and finger food and expensive plates with small portions of food (assuming you can see your food from underneath the large center pieces). I wouldn't imagine ever cooking for my own wedding, there's just so much going on that cooking shouldn't be the bride or groom's responsibility. But maybe, if you need an idea or two of what to serve, this post can help you out!

So, if you're doing finger food, I don't think you'll want anything

My older sister, bless her heart, got engaged to her now fiance in November, and has set the wedding date to some time in 2015.

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited for my sister because she's about to embark on this huge journey in her life with her fiance, and it's an exciting time for everyone involved. However, in being an outsider, I can see certain problems.

My sister is 24 and still lives at home. She acknowledges that she can't afford to live on her own (and her

So your loved one has just proposed to you. The future is looking bright and rosy, you are thinking about your future you will have together… once you have completed your studies. Is it possible?

If you are studying and you still want to marry the love of your life, don’t panic! It is possible! Juggling the textbooks with the restraints of a budget can still allow you to have a dream wedding; you just need a little bit of imagination. At the end of the day you are marrying someone w

There are big debates going on in social media about if gay rights should be legal. I myself am against the idea of the same sex have the right to marry! The bible says that marriage is supposed to between man and woman! I live the laws of god so saying that I’m for it is going against my beliefs. The town I live in has almost the same beliefs as mine, so I have always been surrounded by people who believe the same things as me, so if I have ever heard about gay rights I have heard that it’s n

It's said that the chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time. Everything is determined, the beginning as well as the end, by forces which we cannot control.
On my first day of high school in 1989, I walked into my fourth period class at Morgan Park High School. It was data processing, and I was fairly sure that I had picked the wrong class, seeing that I was the only freshman in a sea of upperclassmen. I decided I would drop the class during lunch and take something a little

OUR STORY
Marco Rodriguez & Alisa Reynoso
On my first day of high school in 1989, I walked into my fourth period class at Morgan Park High School. It was data processing, and I was fairly sure that I had picked the wrong class, seeing that I was the only freshman in a sea of upperclassmen. I decided I would drop

This weekend, I attended a breath-taking wedding in Pennsylvania. I wasn’t sure what to expect since the last wedding I attended was decades ago and I can barely remember much, but this one will be very difficult to forget.

As I walked through the cobblestone alleyway to get to the door, I held my date’s arm in hopes that I wouldn’t be the first guest to wipe out in these heals. We entered through the double doors into a room of eagerness and anticipation, all wrapped up into beautif

Hello All,

Stage of Life is proud to announce its latest endeavor - the development of the first mobile storytelling game! For the last three months, we have been putting our creative efforts into drafting Writing Race, a multiplayer story writing game for Apple iPhone where friends will collaboratively (or competitively) write a story together using their mobile phone.

Our idea to expand Stage of Life’s literacy initiative to the mobile realm began as some scribbling on

MEETING HER WAS LOVELY

We met by sheer coincidence on a summer day much like the day we will be married. My best
friend introduced us as the happened to be neighbors. I soon after asked her to be a last minute date to
my cousins wedding. Since then she has completely captured my heart. I admit getting married is
intimidating but being with Paula makes me feel like anything can be accomplished. One of the most

Our love story is that of second chances, as we both previously came from broken marriages. I was a single mother of two and Greg, a rancher - both too busy to think of love or even where to find it. With encouragement from friends, we both search on match.com. When I first saw Greg's picture, I instantly smiled. I couldn't stop thinking how much I wanted to meet this man. So I 'winked' at him. After two weeks past without a reply, I finally recieve the sweetest message back, as he decided to

My Love For You (part 3)

As I promised, today I am going to narrate how that summer when I met my girlfriend (now my wife) came to an end and something unexpected happened.

As I said in my previous stories that year I ended my schooling and decided to find a job till I decided what I was going to do. My wish was to become a teacher but to do that I had to go to college which meant a couple of years without money in my pockets. I wished for so many things that several of

I have a huge issue about my wedding. I'm getting married in three years, maybe two it's up in the air. But the problem is my hubby's family lives in Illinois. My family lives in Pennsylvania. How in the world are we able to pick a place to get married so both families can attend? And also we are a Pagan couple. Does anyone know a pagan legally ordained person to marry us legally?

Nothing is more detrimental than no help in planning a wedding. Which in my case, is exactly what's happening. My 'legal' wedding is set for All Hallows Eve 2014. And am I getting any kind of help from either family? Of course not. My own mother doesn't even believe I'm getting married. On the bright side, at least my future husband goes along with my ideas. I have to do all the planning, even putting in my own engagement announcement in the paper. But you know what's most irritating out of it

In the United States, there is a great deal of importance placed on wedding days. And the more emphasis there is on the executing a grand event, the more pressure that exists for those who are planning said wedding. With the recent explosion in the wedding business (experts estimate it is worth over ten billion dollars per year) has come a greater stress to create the perfect day.

This has led to post-nuptial depression – a condition suffered by women of all ages in the day

Premarital counseling is the best way to become better prepared for the many challenges you will face in your marriage. During counseling we will help each partner to express themselves on each topic.

Premarital counseling will teach you the techniques needed to prevent, better deal with, or discontinue any difficult habits and unhealthy patterns that can be hard to break once they are well established.

Subjects covered
▪ Conflict Resolution <

I close my eyes and daydream what my wedding will one day be like.

What dress will I wear?
Mini, medium short, or the elegantly long
What color will it be?
Pink, lavender, or the classic white
What fabric will it be?
Silk, chiffon, or the beautiful lace
Where will my wedding be?
Ballroom, church, or the private garden
When will my wedding be?
Summer, fall, or the snowy winter
What kind of ring will I have?
Sapphire, ruby, or

I wonder about my marriage;
Will it be as melodious as the birds chirping to their mates,
Or will it be like a king and queen riding in a carriage?

Will it be arranged like the old days,
where parents choose the mate,
while the son is going craze?

Or will it be a love one, with roses sweeping across the air,
when even love’s name makes one tingle with pleasure,
and love-struck eyes meet in an endless stare?

Will it be as ferocious

In the morning of my wedding day, I looked calm, but those butterflies in my stomach were fluttering their wings.
By 11:00 am, the bridesmaids had arrived at my sister’s house. Once they put on the beautiful burgundy dresses, they were transformed. My six-year-old niece, being the compliant child she has always been, was doing everything her mother told her to rehearse as the flower girl. As my sister was putting the finishing touches of the makeup on my face, the doorbell rang. It was Da

My fiancé and I met almost ten years ago. We were really good friends. He was an amazing friend. He was there for me through everything I went though. I never saw him as anything more than a friend even though he was only person I could talk to for hours, and he was the only person that I could tell anything to. Then after seven years we were talking, and I saw him in a different light. I thought to myself " oh my god I think I love him." I have been searching for love when it has been right in

My high school friend Pete Joy & I met back up after over 20 years of not seeing each other. I was in 6 car accidents (I was the passenger in all but the last one) over those 20 plus years. I could not walk, barely & I was in pain all the time for over 13 years. When we met back up he had his head in his hands and his face turned bright red, he told me he had always loved me since high school and I was his fantasy girl & I told him I felt the same way about him after being in complete shock. I

OUR WEDDING VOWS

page turning suspense filled the vaulted sepulchral air
ushering the veiled spouse to be
while afar off trumpets did blare
(arranged by the well known matchmaker Harriet Kuritsky)
creating the ambiance analogous to a renaissance faire
yet contrasted in that this bachelor
and other men related to me
segregated with females and males at a set distance away
i.e. not physically near
dictated by mand

When brides-to-be watch a wedding show such as "Say Yes To the Dress" or even something like "Bridezillas" they get a false sense that wither everything in their wedding will go right, or will fall to pieces before their eyes. In "Say Yes", nearly every bride finds "the dress" with the exception that the dress is thousands of dollars out of her budget. Normally, one of these shows ends in the bride's mother/father agreeing to pay more than previously decided. When a bride in the 'real' world s

I enjoy weddings big and small, but I'm definitely not a typical wedding junkie. I'd never picked up bridal magazines until I agreed to have one of these things myself, and they pretty much confirmed the idea that "traditional" bride-dom was not for me. As a bride-to-be I've become more curious about how my the people who share my genes (and aversions) have celebrated marriage. My grandparents' unfussy wartime wedding (photo here, bride and groom center) and my parents' elopement (the few blurr

When I was young I feared that I would never marry, now that I am older I find that I can look back on the fear with amusement. I remember fearing the “old maid” status and as it fast approached, I tried to convince myself that I didn’t care. I told others that I was ok being single because I had done so much with my life that others had never been able to do, due to the ‘marriage’ status they held. I also learned, at this time, that most people who say “single and loving it” are usually lying.

When i was young, i use to dream of far away places. But, my purse was small and those dreams faded. As I grew the things I once thought I wanted. Are soon replaced with new dreams. As a teenager i dreamed of a young man, strong but gentle. Taking long rides in his car down the county roads. With the windows down and the wind blowing threw my hair. This handsome young man, would have one hand on the wheel and one arm wrapped around my shoulders. Our favorite music blasting on the radio. He wou

When I was young, love played tricks on me. It was like a game of hide and seek, but I could never catch-up to love and marriage. Would I ever become the bride or be resigned to playing the dutiful bridesmaid? Some would say marriage eluded me. I unsuccessfully tried dating coaches, online dating, and a series of blind dates which lead nowhere fast. While I mulled over accepting a life of singlehood, a part of me longed for the kind of love that my parents shared. They were married for forty t

When I was young, I saw marriage as a means to an end. I fell in love with my husband for many reasons, not the least of which was his stability and the fact that I believed he would be a great father, which he is. Marriage was not as much about one man, one woman as it was about creating a family, the family I had dreamed of since I was a little girl.
When I was young, I didn’t really understand the enormous responsibility being married would bring to me. My parents had divorced, as had

How To Plan A Stress Free Bridal Shower

If you are the person planning the bridal shower you may be feeling stressed but there is no need. This can be one of the most exciting things you have ever done and you will be part of bringing joy to the bride as well as the guests who are more than happy to attend and bring a gift for her. Here are some tips to help make the planning less stressful.

When you are planning a bridal shower one of the most important things to consider

Marketing Ideas - Wedding Photography Business 2.0

"My wedding photography business is failing!"

That was what I was thinking just over a year ago. I was stuck in a rut, doing the same old marketing techniques that I had been doing for years. The same ones that almost every other wedding photographer in my area was doing.

The problem was that my prospects were becoming numb to the same tricks over and over. On top of that, I was getting older, and engaged couple

Planning Beautiful Tropical Destination Weddings

Getting married in on the beach in a lush tropical resort is a dream come true for many brides, and one reason why tropical destination weddings are enjoying such a surge of popularity.

From the beaches of Florida and California to exotic locales like Belize and Costa Rica, it seems that destination weddings to tropical resort locations have never been more popular than they are today.

Coming Up With Great Destina

Giving a Maid Of Honor Speech - Simple Tips You Can Use Right Now!

One of the, if not the most important duties of the maid of honor is to give the maid of honor speech. This speech is a big part of the wedding ceremony and usually happens within the first half of the wedding reception before people leave, so you will no doubt have a full crowd when giving your speech.

While the best man's speech is equally important, he will focus more on the groom then on the bride, so i

Wedding Flowers And Stress: A Solution

What is the biggest stress women face while planning their wedding?

According to a survey done last year, the biggest challenge (read stress) women face when planning their wedding is the fear of going over their budget. No matter if they are planning a small wedding, or a big bash, brides-to-be know how easy it is to get carried away adding little extras, or how last minute changes or substitutions that can break the bank.

Renting a Projector For a Slideshow at a Wedding

A very popular idea to use at a wedding these days is having a slideshow for the guest's entertainment. Of course the slideshow is focused on the couple to be married. It is a sentimental gesture that is sure to leave everyone who is attending your wedding in stitches and in tears.

More than likely you will have to rent a projector for the show. You can find these at any audio/video store. They shouldn't be too expensive to

Marriage-The word itself creates a dreamy image of prolonged celebrations with family& friends amidst joy and laughter. My first closest association with marriage was when I was ten years old. I had got my doll married to my friend’s male doll with a lot of pomp and show. But when the moment came for bidaai [“Bidaai” is an Indian ritual of sending away the daughter to her in-laws after marriage. It is like a farewell which follows most Indian marriages.], I freaked. I remember fighting with my

How To Choose A Wedding Invitation Design

Chances are, if you have already gone shopping for a wedding invitation, your eyes almost fell out of your head with all the choices available to you. You can make the whole process a lot easier by deciding the theme you want for your wedding day before you start to look for perfect invitations for your special day.

What to Consider when You are Looking for a Wedding Invitation Design

After you have decided the theme of

Cultural Wedding Favors

Your culture and ethnicity are both big parts of how you grew up and shape your personality to a certain degree because of the traditions, behaviors, cooking traditions, and ideas that are associated with your individual culture. Because your culture is such an engrained part of yourself it can be very important to bring that aspect of your personality into your wedding reception with decorations, wedding favors, and other great accessories that can really exp

Love Key Chain Key Wedding Favor In Deluxe Gift Box

When preparing for your wedding day there are many decisions that need to be made such as your wedding date, location of your wedding reception, wedding cake, wedding dress, tuxedo, wedding invitations and wedding guests to name just a few things. Once you have all that in order you will need to decide on what is the perfect wedding favor souvenir that you like to present to the many friends and family who attended your special day.

Wedding Planners - 5 Ways to Save When Hiring a Professional Coordinator

If you think that a wedding planner is a luxury reserved for the wealthy, you may be surprised. Hiring a pro to assist with your plans can actually be a wise economic decision. Need convincing? Here are the top reasons a wedding planner can help you save some serious headaches - and cash:

Time is Money

Oh so cliché - but oh so true. As a bride to be, you don't need to be told twice your tim

Useful Wedding Favor Cameras

Your wedding day is the most important event of your life and you really want to remember it forever. Your guests are a vital part of your celebration, so why not make them a part of your memories too? By placing a disposable camera or two at every table, you will be able to see your wedding through the eyes of each and every individual and valuable guest that attended your wedding celebration. However you don't want to ruin your décor and your well plann

How to Plan Your Wedding

It's the big one. You want it to be right. You want everything to go smoothly. You want to remember it fondly...forever.

Something like that doesn't just happen. You have to dedicate time, effort and energy to create the perfect wedding. You can do it, but make sure you give yourselves enough time--and money!--to create the most memorable, beautiful, perfect wedding for each of you. After all, the memory will last a lifetime!

A year is t

Great Hotel Reservation Web Site for Wedding Couples

I saw this great Hotel Reservation web site on reserving hotels.

I know it could be useful to you. Your wedding may be just a few months' away. Do get a booking for your honeymoon fast to avoid disappointment.

I want to share with you, especially when you are now considering how to book your honeymoon with the least inconvenience.

Normally, wedding couples book their honeymoon travel packages from l

Tasty Edible Wedding Favors

Wedding favors are an important part of the reception. Every bride wants to make sure that their wedding favors are memorable and fun. If you're trying to decide on the perfect memento, why not consider edible wedding favors? Your edible wedding favors will be unique and tasty, not to mention that you won't have to worry about whether they'll be thrown away afterwards.

You have a lot of options when looking at edible wedding favors. Custom choco

Wedding Etiquette 101 - 5 Tips For Accommodating Out of Town Wedding Guests

If you have a lot of wedding guests arriving from out of town you may just find the following pieces of advice useful.

1. It is important that you make it easy for your guests to get to your wedding. A good idea is to prepare maps with you wedding locations highlighted. If they are not renting a car and driving themselves around then you may need to arrange transport for them. With your wedding

Cheap Wedding Rings

When customers purchase wedding rings at cheap rates, the risk of purchasing a non-standardized piece considerably increases. Hence, it is essential to make certain that jewelry stores selling at discounted prices hoard genuine rings and are not selling fakes.

Many stores offer wedding rings at discounted prices during off seasons to increase their sales. Cheap wedding rings are also made available on online stores. This is possible as jewelry stores on

Would you wear a red wedding dress? Red in the past has been associated to the upper class and luxurious folks but was transformed during Victorian fashion era as a taboo. A white dress since the Victorian fashion era has symbolized virginity. Let's be honest, as we know that is not really true in practice. Almost all brides opted for white or a shade of white in America. The use of the white wedding dress continued in popularity, but for the most part, lost much of its symbolic meaning. What w

Get Your Wedding Sponsored

Sponsored weddings have become increasingly popular in recent years. A sponsored wedding is one where much of the wedding costs are offset by allowing a particular business (or businesses) to advertise in some manner during the wedding ceremony or reception.

The businesses can benefit greatly from the arrangement because they have the opportunity to advertise their products or services to a big group of people at a rate lower than traditional adv

Wedding Favors and Ideas

What are wedding favors and why do you need them? This is a question that I hear all to frequent. Wedding favors or party favors are small gifts that are given to your guests to show your appreciation for your family, friends and guests for dealing with your Bridezilla moments. Wedding favors are often theme related and add that little extra touch to your decor.

Online retailers sell many different wedding favors that can be personalized, related t