White Wedding

Kwweesten
This weekend, I attended a breath-taking wedding in Pennsylvania. I wasn’t sure what to expect since the last wedding I attended was decades ago and I can barely remember much, but this one will be very difficult to forget.

As I walked through the cobblestone alleyway to get to the door, I held my date’s arm in hopes that I wouldn’t be the first guest to wipe out in these heals. We entered through the double doors into a room of eagerness and anticipation, all wrapped up into beautiful white flowers and bow-tied chairs.

We searched around for familiar faces as we seated ourselves beside his family – tissues set and ready. It wasn’t long before the ceremony began and the groomsmen came walking out to a tasteful and classical version of an old-school rock song. Following the men were a set of beautiful bridesmaids, dressed in strapless lavender dresses, holding their individual bouquet of flowers.

As the music dimmed and every head turned to the stairs, we knew whom to expect next. There she came, walking hand in hand with her father as he fought back the tears to cry. Her dress alone had me mesmerized, along with the white feathers decoratively tied into her hair. I looked around and noticed I wasn’t the only woman in the room completely smitten with her wedding gown.

When she reached the alter, she turned and kissed her father before stepping in front of the groom. The next part had to be my favorite, as she turned to face the groom and let out a slight chuckling smile – causing everyone to smile too. As they repeated their vows to one another, I couldn’t help but squeeze my date’s hand – overwhelmed with happiness at that moment.

It wasn’t until we got home that night that I found myself planning my own wedding – thinking about what it would be like, who would be there – I just couldn’t stop fantasizing about that day.

I knew what weddings cost and I swear I would never empty my bank account for the day I say, “I do.” Don’t get me wrong, weddings should be beautiful and overflowing with friends and family, but that doesn’t mean I need to go broke in the process of all of that.

The most important thing to me on that day will be the company I have surrounding me. I don’t care where the wedding is, what we have for dinner that night, or even the song I dance to. There is only one thing I am desperately going to need for that wedding and that is a perfect photographer.

Ever since I was little, my life revolved around pictures and memories I had to look back on. My wedding day is something I know I am going to be looking back on every single day, laughing and crying. Albums filled with friends and family, dancing and carrying on, is going to be my number one draft pick for my wedding day. Let’s be honest, how many days a week do your entire family and friends gather in one single room? Exactly my point, I’ll take that recommendation for the photographer now.

But If I could have a number two pick that day, it would be Bailey girl walking down the aisle, holdings the rings. Yes, those would be my only two requests.