skiier007
Our love story is that of second chances, as we both previously came from broken marriages. I was a single mother of two and Greg, a rancher - both too busy to think of love or even where to find it. With encouragement from friends, we both search on match.com. When I first saw Greg's picture, I instantly smiled. I couldn't stop thinking how much I wanted to meet this man. So I 'winked' at him. After two weeks past without a reply, I finally recieve the sweetest message back, as he decided to check his match.com profile one last time before giving up. That one last look was a move by God, as it forever changed our life course. When Greg came over for our first date a week later, there was only a few seconds of nervousness. With a warm smile and sparkle in his deep blue eyes, Greg embraced my face with his huge hands and gave me the most passionate kiss I have ever had. It was at that moment that we both knew we never wanted to have our lives without the other. It was that kind of undeniable touch where two soul mates finally meet, already knowing a lifetime of unconditional love can finally begin. Never did either of us think that love would find us after both experiencing simular hurtful relationships from our past. The moment we fell in love with each other, all that hurt disappeared. Our song is "God Gave Me You" by Blake Shelton. God gave us to each other though the ups and downs- though happiness and pain. God knew our hurt was so deep that the only way to trust love again was to bring us together. On April 24th, Greg and I were on a walk and we stop at The Homestake Manision in Lead where he dropped to one knee and asked if I'd do him the honor of being his wife. Out pops the most beautiful one carat diamond ring, and it came from the the same jewelry store (Bechtolds Jewelry in Sioux Falls) that my dad bought my mother's engagment ring 48 years ago! On September 15, 2012, we had the most perfect Fall ceremony and reception at the very place he proposed, The Homestake Mansion. Each day is a gift that both of us thank God for - amazing second chances at what we never thought we'd get again.
Comment by skiier007

Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:23:27 PM