Where Have You Been? A Story of True Soul Mates

KimmieJoy
My high school friend Pete Joy & I met back up after over 20 years of not seeing each other. I was in 6 car accidents (I was the passenger in all but the last one) over those 20 plus years. I could not walk, barely & I was in pain all the time for over 13 years. When we met back up he had his head in his hands and his face turned bright red, he told me he had always loved me since high school and I was his fantasy girl & I told him I felt the same way about him after being in complete shock. I was scared because I was in so much pain and didn't want to burden him with it. Since that night he told me he loved me we haven't spent a day apart since July 19th 2009. He has carried me to the bathroom, everywhere until my surgery in 2010. I was almost paralyzed 4 broken disks in my back cutting into my spinal cord. When I woke up Pete came over & kissed me. I stood up & showed him how I was out of pain & could stand & walk without screaming & crying. He took my face in his hands & said with tears in his eyes, "Now you can dance with me at our wedding." He gently took my waist without hurting my back & slowly danced with me & said, "I cannot wait for you to be my wife."
I said, "I cannot wait to be your wife!" We both cried & he put me in the wheelchair, carried me into the car to take me home. I knew I would never be hurt again, that I would be able to walk & dance at my wedding with the my true soul mate. 12 years of not being able to walk, being in pain & thinking I would never find someone who would love me as a cripple, let alone get married, I think is a long enough time to wait for a fairytale to come true. Every minute of everyday was worth it. We may not have any money, I may never be able to repay him for what he's already done for me, but if I can win something to help him out, I will do whatever it takes. He is well worth it. He gives me flowers every week with the most amazing cards. He puts together themed arrangements for each Christmas with butterflies and bows and bells on my presents. This year 2011 I came downstairs and there were roses everywhere with my ring inside the center rose. He lit it up with tiny lights everywhere. I don't think there is a more deserving man alive. Someone who carries me to the bathroom and bathes me and has helped me through 3 surgeries, I think I am already a winner. I want this for him though. He deserves to have a surprise for being the most amazing man on the planet. His name says it all Pete JOY. He is the joy of my life
Comment by KimmieJoy

Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 3:38:57 PM

I wanted to let you know that we featured your essay on the Stage of Life Facebook page today. If you would like to check it, out go to http://www.facebook.com/StageofLife. Feel free to share the news with your friends and family. You're famous! :)
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 1:53:42 PM
Comment by Jokergurl

That hit me in the feels right there. I feel the same way about my husband, he's always there for me even though we live so far apart because he wanted me to finish college. I'm gonna cry!!! This shows there's really good gentlemen out there!
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:48:07 PM