The other method is to include a recorded telephone message

scottmcoop
Marketing Ideas - Wedding Photography Business 2.0

"My wedding photography business is failing!"

That was what I was thinking just over a year ago. I was stuck in a rut, doing the same old marketing techniques that I had been doing for years. The same ones that almost every other wedding photographer in my area was doing.

The problem was that my prospects were becoming numb to the same tricks over and over. On top of that, I was getting older, and engaged couples were moving further away from my age demographic, making it more difficult to relate to them.

It was time for a change in my marketing plan. I had to find a way to get back into touch with my niche.

In order to be successful I would need to concentrate on a few things.

1. Focus - Narrow down prospects into groups of exactly who you want to do business with. Know who your perfect client is. Are they first time couples or people getting married for a second or third time?
2. Design Great Material - Design compelling marketing material that speaks to that group of people. Create something of value that you can give away, something with staying power. Personally, I use a free e-book and advertise it with a leaflet. This helps promote my website, and gets me their name and email address (which is required at download).
3. Gather Leads - You can accomplish this two ways: by telephone, or by email. I suppose you could use snail mail, but this is wedding photography business 2.0, remember? As you read in number two, I use a form on my web page that requires that the user input their name and email in order to receive their free download. I require that they opt-in to avoid spam issues. The other method is to include a recorded telephone message with free information in exchange for their name and phone number.
4. Harvest - Now, it's as simple as staying in touch with these prospects until they require your services! Send out a monthly newsletter, or provide them with valuable information through email. Any way you slice it, they asked for you to contact them, so DO IT! These are hungry prospects asking for exactly what you're selling.

By implementing this formula into my business, I've seen noticeable gains in purchase rate, all while lowering my time overhead in maintaining relationships with prospects.

Comment by scottmcoop

Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 2:35:59 AM