This speech is a big part of the wedding ceremony

scottmcoop
Giving a Maid Of Honor Speech - Simple Tips You Can Use Right Now!

One of the, if not the most important duties of the maid of honor is to give the maid of honor speech. This speech is a big part of the wedding ceremony and usually happens within the first half of the wedding reception before people leave, so you will no doubt have a full crowd when giving your speech.

While the best man's speech is equally important, he will focus more on the groom then on the bride, so it's your job to keep the bride happy and entertain her with your speech. There are a few tips when it comes to giving a maid of honor speech that will almost guarantee it to be a big success and that's what I'm going to show you in this article today.

The best speeches are usually the funny one's where every one in the crowd is laughing not just the bride. Telling stories about growing up together and funny things that happened to you is a great way to get your speech going. A lot of maid of honors when giving a speech like to wing it and not write anything down on paper and just hope for the best. I think on such a big day, the least you can do is make an effort and write down a few prepared remarks.

We all know that the majority of people don't like to speak in front of other people, we tend to get very nervous when we know we have to make a speech and having prepared notes makes life a lot easier on that front as well.

Here are some of the things you can talk about in your speech. If you and the bride grew up together, you could talk about all the silly things you did as kids. You should talk about how you and the bride met each other and how you became friends. This is quite a popular way to start a speech, by letting the audience know who you are and how you know the bride. I feel it sets the right tone for the rest of the speech. You can talk about what the bride use to tell you about the groom when they first started dating and make a funny story out of that.

Then if you want to get into a more substantial part of your speech, start talking about how great the bride and groom look together, make a spiritual comment or something meaningful from you to the bride and groom and of course you cannot forget to give them some marital advice then wish them luck on their journey.

Hopefully these tips will give you some idea on what to say when giving a maid of honor speech.
Comment by scottmcoop

Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:39:17 AM