your guests have made the effort to travel to your wedding

ruthnwilson
Wedding Etiquette 101 - 5 Tips For Accommodating Out of Town Wedding Guests

If you have a lot of wedding guests arriving from out of town you may just find the following pieces of advice useful.

1. It is important that you make it easy for your guests to get to your wedding. A good idea is to prepare maps with you wedding locations highlighted. If they are not renting a car and driving themselves around then you may need to arrange transport for them. With your wedding day upon you, you will find that you are probably just too busy to do this yourself, so give this task to someone reliable. It may be a good idea to ask your honor attendant, best man, bridesmaids, groomsmen and parents for a hand.
2. It is crucial that your guests know the features of your wedding beforehand. Details such as the dress code, your venues and where your registry is are important and should be included along with your wedding invitations. This is a great way to greet your guests to your wedding in advance of the day itself.
3. It is a good idea to arrange hotel rooms for your guests. Consider their budgets. You may want to book a budget option and a pricier option so your guests can choose between the two. However, be reasonable, if your guests want to book elsewhere, perhaps they have somewhere particular in mind, then let them do this. Although it may cause a few logistical difficulties for you, remember that they have made the effort to travel along was to watch you get married. You could always house them at your home, but you should consider whether you want to have some time on your own as newlyweds prior to your honeymoon. If you are getting married at home then your parents home could be more appropriate. However, if you are having a large wedding, neither option may be possible.
4. Entertaining your guests is also a good idea. The wedding rehearsal dinner is a great occasion that can provide entertainment for them, however, you may want to take things further and let one of your bridesmaids or groomsmen take them out to see the sites of your particular location.
5. Always remember that your guests have made the effort to travel to your wedding. Make sure you thank each and every one of them personally for attending.

Comment by ruthnwilson

Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 9:00:19 AM