Best Honeymoon Destinations?

Collette
I'm looking for ideas on where to have my honeymoon? Any suggestions? Where did you have yours? What was the best thing about the location?
Comment by bugcandy

My wife and I went to the Moon Palace in Cancun, Mexico. It was beautiful and amazing. I was only 26 then (10 years ago) so in hindsight, I can honestly pick a few better destinations based on location - but not company.

Did you check out the Stage of Life travel discounts?
http://www.stageoflife.com/MonthlyCruiseandTravelDiscounts.aspx
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 4:45:37 AM

I totally recommend an all inclusive resort. I loved the fact that on my honeymoon we never had to worry about toting around extra cash or a room card. We didn't need to worry about extra costs, but simply focus on frozen drinks and floating in the pool. I don't recommend going to Mexico. My husband and I both got incredibly sick and the sickness lasted several weeks after we returned (the upside - we were both the skinniest after our honeymoon than we have ever been). We didn't drink the water, but we did drink milk (not sure if that did it) and it could have been the ice in all of those frozen drinks.
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 3:53:29 PM

We decided to break the tradition of a large Italian family wedding, and got married where our hearts desired to start our life together. It was small, a beautiful place, private and simple. We completed the circle of love overlooking the ocean in front of the 'Lone Cypress' in Carmel. And so we both made the decision to spend the first two weeks of our marriage together in that same tradition of simplicity. We spent two weeks traveling and spending time making memories, down the Northern and Central California coast. Now 14 years later, we still reminisce of the excitement and the adventure we made in those two weeks. No matter where you go....simple or complicated, cheap or abundant....I think it needs to be where you both will comfortably look back years later and still have that smile and warmness in your heart. It needs to be a place that when you look into each others eyes, you will know that it was a place you both started "forever" together.
Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 10:03:26 PM
Comment by KristieMGrey

I think there are a couple different ways to go, just depending on your personality! There are SOOO many choices out there, depending on how much you want to spend and the relationship you have with your fiancee.

For example: Both very adventurous and outgoing? How about a cross country trip to the Grand Canyon or an area of Arizona near Sedona? You can try out rock climbing, hiking, kayaking, and ropes courses!

More of the quiet types that prefer to be indoor and cozy rather than outdoor and sweating? There are some fantastic cruises that take you up and down the northeast or northwest coasts of North America. Each cruiseline and ship is different, so you should decide what you value: very kid friendly? not kid friendly at all? Casino? Quiet time? Lots of restuarants? Lots of offshore excursions?

Or, and this may sound weird but stick with me, are you very family and friend oriented? If so, it's become a quiet trend to get together with some of your favorite friends and family members for your honeymoon. A great idea is to rent out a cottage or summerhome for two weeks.

Try the website www.HomeAway.com to search out some GREAT options. I'm not just talking Maine - I'm talking villas in Italy or the French countryside. Whether you're taking friends or not, they have some fantastic options for vacation homes that you can rent for any span of time you like!

I think the most important thing is that whatever your honeymoon turns out to be, it is something that links you and your beloved. It could be Cape May, NJ or Singapore ... as long as you two are focused on each other and loving every moment of it, in celebration of your new life, that is what really makes the vacation special.

(Remember, I said BOTH of you. Please agree on the spot, whatever it may end up to be!) :-)
Posted: Wednesday, September 9, 2009 8:32:00 PM
Comment by fidgetinggidget

We went to Italy. It was rather expensive, but it's the only vacation we've ever really taken together in four years, so we were ok with the splurge. We booked a place to stay in Rome on our first night, and we booked a place in Venice, but other than that, we just got there and made plans as we felt like it. We ended up in some great cities and have tons of wonderful memories! I'd love to go back!
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2009 10:07:26 PM
Comment by millerm

We went to Cancun, I am not sure what made us choose that destination. I would have preferred Hawaii. We had an excellent time, however the locals kept mistaking me for a local and harrassed my husband the whole time! By the way, I suggest NOT ordering the red snapper, unless you don't mind it staring at you!
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2009 3:35:51 AM
Comment by Anne1024

Honeymoon destination is a very important decision to make after marriage for a couple. When I get married to the love of my life (wife). We plan to go to someplace where we can go camping and spend some beautiful time with nature. For the selection of tent, we search on the internet and found a very helpful link: https://outinglovers.com/best-4-season-backpacking-tent/. When someone goes on camping selection of a tent is a very important decision to make.
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2019 1:11:34 PM