The Term "Crooked Dentist" Just Took On A Whole New Meaning

MuzicInsomniac
Approximately 5,918 couples are married in the U.S. daily (2005 survey). Of that amount, on average 330 of those couples said their vows in the center of the entertainment capital of the world: Las Vegas, NV. One of those 2005 couples stood out amongst the rest.

The story begins with Dr. Damon DeBois and Nichelle Coleman*. The two had been dating for almost two years, but Damon said he was traditional and he didn't feel right about living with a woman before marriage. While Nichelle was a bit upset by this, she did indeed respect his beliefs and kept whatever healthy distance he needed between the two.

When the day came--a long day of working in a warehouse, at that--Damon said to his long-time love, "I'm flying out to Vegas for a Dental conference, and to layout the ground work for my new Dental office...I want you to come with me." So she did. They'd planned to temperarily live in an appartment the dentist rented for his frequent Conference visits until the new business opened up. Damon left for Vegas first to give Nichelle time to take care of whatever business she had. She packed her bags, quit her job, and told her family she just needed a little vacation. Then she took a six hour flight, across the country, to Las Vegas.

Her flight was two hours ahead of schedule and she thought it'd be best not to bother Damon, as he had said he'd be busy all throughout the day. Instead, she called a cab and was delivered to the address Damon had given her.

It was as expected: he was not home. She let herself in and began unpacking. In the process of doing so, she accidentally dropped the ring Damon had given her in the dresser drawer that she was currently packing things into. To retrieve it, she moved a few shirts and pairs of underwear around. She got the ring, but she also discovered something else. It was the little black photo album that had "Always and Forever" written in script of the front that she'd given to him on their one year anniversary. She smiled and looked inside, curious as to what embarrassing pictures of the two he'd had stored in there.

There were no embarrassing ones...only hurtful. They were all pictures of Damon and some blond woman. All of them. Pictures taken in casinos, on the beach, in the appartment, on the strip. You name it, they had taken a picture there. She'd never seen the woman before, and she didn't want to go jumping to conclusions so she just slipped the book back into the drawer and continued unpacking, with the thought of confronting Damon in mind.

All of you reading this should've seen this one coming: Nichelle never got the chance to confront Damon because that night Nichelle stood, all dressed in white, waiting at the alter. One hour turned into two, then two to three, but he never showed. Instead, he sent a fax to the chaple that he'd made reservations for, the one Nichelle was waiting at, saying how sorry he was for all the pain he had ever (and was about to) cause. It was signed and dated as his official good-bye.

The gentleman who had been sweeping and keeping her company let her grieve without a spoken word. After several minutes of that, Nichelle apologized. But the man, known as Darrin, said there was no need. That she'd been hurt and there was no reason that she shouldn't just let it out.

Today, Nichelle and Darrin live, happily married, in Las Vegas working as teachers. Before Dr. Damon DeBois had his license suspended and his dental office ran out of business, he had the 'pleasure' of having Nichelle as a patient where she held no grudge what-so-ever. He'd admitted to having the affair for a year, though. Also, that he'd married the other woman just to see her divorce him and run away with his brother--which, admittedly, gave Nichelle a little satisfaction.

She left that dental office that day with a smile as bright as the Las Vegas sun into the waiting arms of her loving husband.

*Names have been replaced in order to protect the person's identity