Marriage: It's Priceless

michaele1235
Marriage; you may know it as the thing that joins two people who are meant to be together forever. But what happens when the thing that used to bind people for life can be taken away with the simple signing of a document? Does marriage loose its value?
Many people may think that marriage simply shows the love you have for someone. But about fifty years ago spouses didn’t even sleep in the same bed. I think our society has misused the meaning of “love”. The word love has been used to define marriage and what it means. When children grow up with having multiple step-parents, it offers the wrong idea. It shows that marriage is “just thing grown-ups do when they love each other”. Marriage should be a relationship that last throughout life’s hardships and its celebrations. Marriage means “I love you”, not “I love the way you act” or “I love the way you look”. If you love the person genuinely, inside and out, soul and being; then you should be married. It should not be a spur of the moment decision, and Las Vegas definitely shouldn’t mean anything.
But then, it gets deeper. What is the value of marriage? I think the value of marriage has definitely changed over time, to the point it doesn’t have the same worth. The value of marriage has nothing to do with what you spent on the reception, how much you paid for the ring, or how many people are invited. Marriage should be a once in a lifetime, never trade, never quit relationship. Therefore, marriage is priceless. The reasoning behind this is the fact that you can’t put a price on love.
After reading this, you hopefully will be grateful for the life long bonds between two people, because relationships have no money value. There is nothing that can compare to the relations. The bond marriage creates is so unique that it should make you feel like the luckiest person in the world, no matter the circumstances. And if it doesn’t, no matter what the government says, you aren’t married; because marriage is much more than a document.
Comment by ElleoftheBall

I agree with you that it is incredibly important to fully understand the responsibility that comes with saying "I DO" before rushing into a marriage. Also, reading how you defined love/marriage was quite inspiring. Thank you for sharing!
Posted: Wednesday, March 2, 2011 3:22:48 AM