Wedding Buffet v/s Personal Choice: Which is Better?

sumitypaul
An exquisite matrimony hits the season’s chart like nothing else. All the uncles and aunties get ready with the best sets of clothes and accessories for the season’s most awaited wedding and what dazzles the guests more than gold is the amazing food platter. Deciding between a buffet system and a sit-down meal can be confusing for most of us. So, here is a comparison between the two to make the choice easier for you-

1. Budget

Be a smart host and NEVER lose sight of your estimated budget. While in a buffet system, you have to offer a large number of dishes for that picky eater in your guest list and you have to keep in mind the bride’s or the groom’s guest list while picking dishes for the wedding, in a sit-down or plated system, you can choose what, and how many dishes you would like to offer your guests. Take opinions but choose what you like!

2. Number of Guests

The equation is simple-more guests means budget alert! Unless you can spend millions without shedding a tear, buffet system would be the best choice. If the number of guests is less then you can very well hop on to the plated system as it would help you cater to the taste of the small gathering and will let you manage your cost well by giving you the chance to choose the number of dishes.

3. Decoration

In a buffet system, decoration takes secondary place and the focus largely falls on the menu. In a sit-down meal, the cost of decoration and presentation could shoot the prices to the sky. You have to keep in mind the choice of the limited gathering that would turn up at the wedding. Also, you will have to hire a serving staff to cater to the needs of the guests. So, it could burn a large hole into your pocket.

4.Venue

Your choice of the venue depends on the kind of system that you choose to serve food. In case of sit-down meal system, you will have to choose a venue that would fit the elaborate arrangement for serving food. Imagine all the hands tangled into one another due to difficulty in passing food plates—what a disaster! In a buffet system, it is easier to fill their plates and choose a spot for themselves to eat to their heart’s content. We are Indians, after all!

5. Guest Type

By guest type, what is meant is the age of the guests. If your guest list includes a number of senior citizens or families with little children then it would be difficult for them to stand in long queues and wait for their turn. It would also be difficult to stand and eat so, you will have to make arrangements for them.

While formal sit-down dinner system was primarily preferred in Christian matrimony due to the British and Portugese influence, this system was very well incorporated into other traditions as well and with the coming of the buffet system(also from the West), the wedding scene has been transformed. Pick the one that suits your budget and your guest list so as to give the gastronomes the best food experience. Happy eating!