Wedding Planning: A Groom's Guide

vivien.smith.9862

It happens pretty rarely that a groom is genuinely involved in the wedding planning process. Typically, grooms are asked not to dabble in and stand aside cakes, napkin and flower colors and other wedding decisions. How sad is that! In reality, family consultants believe that bride's and groom's tight collaboration in wedding planning makes their relation tights stronger. Because wedding is not about a bride, it is a celebration of love between two people. So here a couple of ways for grooms to be involved.

Gain a genuine interest. It is actually quite a rare occasion that groom takes an interest in what is going on before the ceremony. Information other than date and place of event and how much it is going to cost happens to be beyond groom's awareness. I am not talking about a complete role reverse, but being a groom worthy admiration takes more than showing up at the right place. As well as you prepare to celebrate your love together, be also ready to share wedding routine with your bride-to-be.

Consider wedding aspects you can help with. Even if you have never visioned your wedding before, unlike your bride who was likely to dream about this day since she was five, think of the wedding features you'd like to be a part of. It could be band or DJ decisions, photographer choice, best man award, etc. Just imagine how your family and friends will be pleased to see such unity between you and your bride.

Help your bride with vendors negotiations. To choose the right vendor is the hardest part. Aside from a great deal of research, it requires making important financial decisions. To do it right, take your time to discuss with your bride wedding aspects you are going to spend more money on, as well as the aspects you don't intend to be expensive. Besides, there is also a friend who knows a perfect wedding vendor. As a matter of fact, practically all vendors speeches aim at fulfilling bride's wishes. That is why, there is a need for the groom to be present at meetings so that he could voice his opinion and help her with making important financial decisions.

Create wedding vows on your own. Here is where many grooms fail at a feeble attempt to express their own feelings. Even if you aren't the type who can easily pour your heart out in front of friends and family, you can write about touching moments from your relationship or think about what this love taught you. Just write it as if you speak to your bride alone and remember that there are no standards when it comes to saying how you feel about your fiancee.

About the Author:
Vivien Smith has been working as academic writer since her finishing New York university. Currently she works as freelancer at dissertationadvice.co.uk. Her personal interests also belong to wrting. As blogger, she prefers such topics as psychology, relationship and entertainment.