Wedding Story: A Sweet Song

heidimusolff
Nothing in life could have prepared me for love. It's selfless, ravishing, and completely spontaneous. One cannot simple look for it, for it finds you when you least expect it.
The night my life changed forever, was such a beautiful becoming. We took a long canoe ride down a peaceful river, stopping once for a picnic, and then my boyfriend cooked a delicious gourmet dinner for me in a tie. As I look across the kitchen at him, I realized that someday I would, without a doubt, want him to be my forever. You see, we had only been dating for a short two years, but throughout those years, I had gone through numerous health problems, and was away oversees for over six months, and scheduled to be gone in a week for another three months. I rarely saw him. But nothing changed his heart towards me. He still pursued me, supported me, and loved me with all that he could give.
After dinner he grabbed my hand and a lantern, and took me for a late, warm, summer walk. Hand in hand we made small talk, reminiscing our lovely day. He stopped for a hug and a kiss here and there, and even made sure to stop so he could pick me a bouquet of wildflowers. Everything unexpectedly romantic and completely enjoyable. We continued walking until I began to see twinkling lights in the distance. Disappointed, I thought we were done with our walk, until we approached even closer to the lights. Lighting the path, and hanging in the trees were a numerous amount of jars with candles in them lighting a small clearing. He grabbed my hand and had me sit down while he grabbed his guitar from the darkness. He sang me a song that he had written with sincerity, thoughtfulness, and love that he wanted to express to me, following with precious words stated directly from the heart of how much he valued me. Then it happened. Tears in eyes, he got on one knee, and offered me a life with him. A life full of adventure, support, encouragement, and stability even in the roughest times. A life full of grace and love. I knew I wanted this, and I knew there was nothing that could make me say no. He opened a box that contained a ring that resembled one that I had once dreamed about. I slipped on this ring that symbolized my love to him that I would gratefully carry all the days of my life, and thus began the sweet song of our lives together.