The Beauty of Fall Weddings

etiquette
Fall weddings can be absolutely beautiful.

The hustle and bustle of summer has relaxed into a season of gratitude for the bounty of the harvest. This easily translates into the bounty of close friends and family with whom many of us want to celebrate one of the most important days of our lives. Decorating with beautiful autumn colors, pumpkins, decorative gourds, and fall flowers such as Asters and Zinnias can make a beautiful seasonally colorful backdrop to your important day.

One fun way to be creative is to use deeply colored autumn leaves as place cards at your dinner table. Simply take a gold pen and write the guest’s name on the leaf. Flatten the leaves in between the pages of a heavy book between layers of wax paper. This takes a bit of the formality out of the event, but adds a very personal touch.

Weather is often a factor for fall weddings, especially in the more northern climates. Don’t bet against Mother Nature. Plan your events for an inside venue. If you decide on a fire pit for the evening, try to have a pile of blankets for people to wrap around themselves.

There is no better season to exercise your creativity. Have fun making your plans together. Your guests will go away filled with the magic of the celebration emblazoned in their minds forever.