8/30/14

michness
So I did it. After a year of agonizing over every little detail, my dad walked me down the aisle and I married my high school sweetheart.

All I can say is: whoa!

Those close to me know I've spent the last few months in wedding planning frenzy (read: anxiety). I wish I could go back in time and tell myself to relax! Everything went perfectly and it was such a fun party. It was so great to see all of our friends and family laughing and dancing together. I expected some people to cry (especially my mom), but I was so relieved that the ceremony and the reception felt more like a celebration than a chore. The DJ played great 80s music that got all of my family (including my dad!) dancing.

We got married in the evening; the whole night flew by, really. I feel like I blinked in the morning, and suddenly I was saying I do... and then I blinked again, and it was time for our send off!

I cannot wait to see the pictures of everything and relive it all.

For any brides-to-be, here's my best advice: unclench. No one cares about the little details except for you. In the end, everyone is excited to see you and your fiance tie the knot. So have fun and enjoy! I know, in the end, I definitely did.

Congratulations! I'm glad everything was amazing for you on your wedding day. You deserve every happiness in the world.
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 2:53:34 PM