3 Signs of a Bridezilla

RevAngela

Planning your wedding need not turn you into the wicked witch of the west. Learning to designate tasks to others will help you in keeping the stress down and the arguments to a minimal. If you are being told by members of your bridal party that you are becoming "too much" to deal with, maybe you should listen.

It is quite easy to get completely wrapped up in the planning of a wedding, so much so, Bridezilla inevitably emerges as your alter ego. Here are 3 signs that you are turning into the Bridezilla:

1. Mico-Management: Despite having a wedding planner, she is determined to tell every vendor how to do their job down to the last detail. She has paid hundreds or even thousands of dollars to have everything just right, but does not trust that the professionals she's hired will not do the job properly.

2. Ungratefulness: If she is showing signs of being impatient, becoming over bearing and bossy, Bridezilla may be just around the corner. She must remember that her girlfriends and family members don't have to do the tasks they are doing. They are assisting on your special day because they love and care for you.

3. Being Ignored: Are your friends dropping like flies? Are they ignoring your calls and won't return your texts or emails? You have become to much to deal with and they need a break. This is done in an effort to give you a nonverbal warning that you have become a Bridezilla; they just don't want to tell you.

Remember, the professionals that you have hired, are just that - Professionals. They are good in their field and will make your day as you have specified. Your friends and family members are there to help you, not take on your abuse. Be mindful of your attitude and actions at all times. If you are feeling overwhelmed, tell someone. Keep your Bridezilla at bay.