How Much Do I Have To Spend? Top Five Eye-Wateringly Expensive Weddings.

Ruthie77
If you're planning a wedding this year, the first port of call is to seek inspiration from the world of fashion, film and TV. Whether we do this to feel better about ourselves or if we do it because we love to revel in a world just out of our grasp; for whatever reason we love a celebrity wedding. What is more we love an over the top and ridiculously expensive celebrity wedding.

So after the royal weddings which non-member of the celeb royal family pulled out all the stops on their wedding day – could only be some of our favourite A-Z Listers!
Here is the rundown on our top five favourites…

1. Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries
This wedding was estimated to have set them back a cool 10 million dollars… however it didn't actually cost them a penny as suppliers were more than happy to give away services for free to the happy couple – just so they could have the Kardashian name association. I wonder if Kanye knows this before he orders those fighter jets he’s after…

2. Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel
In comparison to this Justin and Jessica’s wedding cost a paltry $6.5 million. The Italian setting may have been classier than the expensive marquee of Kim and Kris but JT saved heaps on entertainment by serenading Jessica himself with a song he had specially written for her. Jessica’s gown was an exclusive by Giambattista Valli and he wore a tux by Tom Ford.

3. Posh and Becks
Who can forget the pictures of Posh and Becks 1999 marriage with them regally posing upon their thrones? For this Essex couple this was the ultimate in cheese. The nuptials consisted of a castle (of course) in Ireland, Elton John to tinkle the ivories and a single white dove which was released during their vows. Yet all this fromage is rumoured to have set them back a cool £800,000.

4. Katie Price and Peter Andre
A Whole New World: It certainly opened our eyes up to one that’s for sure. The dress, the carriage, the singing, the sparkle, the groom – it’s like a unicorn had exploded at the union of Katie Price and Peter Andre. Was this wedding the forerunner to the Big Fat Gypsy Wedding series? The dress Katie wore sat at five metres wide and had a train seven metres long and thousands of hand sewn Swarovski crystals; she needed four bridesmaids to help her sit down. All for the bargain price of £600,000.

5. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes
TomKat produced a rather tasteful wedding considering they’re celebrities. No outlandish requests, no tasteless outfits and most of it conducted in relative privacy considering that these Hollywood A-listers were (and still are) the talk of gossip columns the world over. So other than hiring two venues (one in the US and one in Italy) dressing the guests in Armani and putting them up for two nights at both ceremonies, the Cruises reportedly spent £1.5 million. Discovering if Tom really stood on a box for ‘that’ photo? Priceless.

So if you are planning on forking out for your wedding then take a leaf out of these guys book or maybe not. Weddings needn't be this expensive, shop around for flowers, outfits and venues. So whether you decide to dress up like the cast from Star Wars or go down the more traditional route. Make it your day… The guys above did.

Comment by Ruthie77

1. Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries

2. Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel

3. Posh and Becks

4. Katie Price and Peter Andre

5. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes

Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 3:38:23 PM