Marriage: The Idea

MissManon
Marriage is a very controversial subject and has many answers from many different people. Some think that it’s the most wonderful thing in the world and count down the days until they meet the one, while others shudder at the mere thought. That would be because there are ups and down to being with someone the rest of your life, at least, that’s the goal.
So what do I think? You know, if you had asked me that a year ago I would have told you that I couldn’t wait to be married. I use to think that it would be the best thing in the world, that it would be free of distress and that I would love my husband undoubtfully and he would do the same. Lately though I’ve been having new thoughts about it. Is it really realistic to think that marriage is so wonderful, all of the time?
No, though I think if you get lucky you can have the next best thing. Under very new past experiences, I don’t see myself getting married as soon though. Why rush into it? Love is a very powerful emotion and it often can sway the minds of people going somwhere. Somewhere important and with plans to fulfill, though I know firsthand that when you fall in love it’s often hard not to just be with that person instead of doing what you wanted to intially.
So why get married so young? In my opinion I think that you should keep to your intial path, like in my case, being a Marine. Once you’ve gotten through your goals or at least on the way, maybe by then you will meet someone that takes your breath away. Someone that you love and they love you. Maybe you’ve already worked up your relationship with them before, and now you two are dating.
I think Marriage is something to be taken seriously, and you should at least date for a couple of years before you take that big step. Also, I think you should be in love with your future husband(or wife) for a little bit before you call up the preacher. My mom and dad never got married, and I can see why. They jumped far into a relationship before they were ready, but it ended up alright in the end. My mom married my step-dad, and my dad ended up living his own happy life – a solitary one.
All in all, I have pretty nuetral feelings on marriage, but I think in some ways if I found that perfect someone it would be better than what I imagined. It shouldn't be taken lightly cause it might end in a divorce, but I think if someone is willing to spend the time on someone their compatible with, that they should go for it.